PDA

View Full Version : Formula 1 season plus other sports

seaqnmac27
03-16-2013, 03:46 AM
Just something I used last year and one or two of you may be interested. I no longer subscribe to a pay TV channel plus I prefer to watch my F1 with as few commercials as possible, as a result, last year, I searched and discovered this site.
It enables you to download an app onto your PC that enables you to watch, live all 4 practise and qualifying sessions plus the race live, with only practice sessions having commercials, they are British commercials, it also shows other sporting events. so here is the website for the app.

Regards

Sean

http://firstrowsportapp.com/

seaqnmac27
03-16-2013, 04:38 AM
I should add its completely free, in fact they make a point of saying that if you have paid for a subsciption then ask for your money back as they just redirect you to a free site.

TonyG
03-16-2013, 11:00 PM
Would be alright if you could install it without the toolbar or it taking over as your homepage. Tried express install, deleted it after could not get rid of its homepage or toolbar seperately, tried custom install and only got one click in before it refused to load without them.

Worth a try if happy to change everything which I was not.
Cheers
Tony

jnr356
03-17-2013, 01:51 AM
same for me,very annoying

seaqnmac27
03-17-2013, 04:24 AM
Very strange as it did not me and as I say I have been using it for almost a year. I also re downloaded it 3 weeks ago after my PC had been repaired and ese issues did not happen. WHat browser are you using?

TonyG
03-17-2013, 05:09 AM
Hi Sean. Tried it on both Firefox and Internet Explorer on 2 different laptops.
Same on both. Just wanted to take over.
Was worth a shot though.

stubuchanan
03-17-2013, 09:38 AM
If you are a bit of a numbers person, and like to know how the race unfolded and see how every driver got on, you can follow F1 races on the live timing facility of The Official Formula 1 Website at www.formula1.com.

This gives you a read-out like this :

http://s6.postimage.org/4qeith629/Aus_GP_2013.png (http://postimage.org/)

Nowhere near as good as a live picture coverage, but you can see who's making or losing time on whom, and flick back through the commentary or look at the lap chart. Better than nothing at all.

But I will have a try at firstrowsportapp.com anyway.

Stu

Rod Grimwood
03-17-2013, 09:54 AM
Sky coverage was alright, and there was a xtra channel with live car footage of all practice sessions and the race. Become pals with some one local and share/watch with them. Not that easy at 2 or 5 in the morning though unless she's a real good sport (follower) and is only a short distance from home.

Powder
03-17-2013, 10:03 AM
I too got had the homepage/toolbar issues but it wasn't a problem to reset Internet Explorer back to the way I had it.
At one point during the GP it crashed so I went back to eplsite.com which I used last year, and that was down too for a while, so firstrowsport and epl are possibly related. There's usually plenty of streams to choose from. The UK one is the best, as it has no adds, but I've also watched feeds from Canada, US and India in the past.

If you don't like downloading apps just go here http://www.eplsite.com/f1.html. There's the usual pop-ups to deal with and sometimes the first eplsite window has a video playing, and the sound gets mixed with the GP Commentary from the new window, and you have to remember to close the first window.

SPman
03-17-2013, 12:42 PM
I just watched it live in HD TV on free to air, One HD..........there are some advantages to living in Aus......They also broadcast Moto GP live, free to air ........

TonyG
03-17-2013, 10:13 PM
We had to put up with all the live crosses to non celebrities during races though just like last year which is why I turned it off until the main race came on.

I usually watch the Moto Gp on the Moto GP website using laptop connected to 50" TV and am in bed at 9.30 when it is all done and dusted. Live broadcast on ONE HD is nowhere near as live as they say unless it is the Aus GP.
Even the Malaysian and Japanese were slightly delayed coverage last season on tv compared to the MotoGP.com site.