PDA

View Full Version : The Roaring Season - Donations

Steve Holmes
04-04-2013, 02:28 AM
Folks, I've been receiving requests of late by people wanting to make donations to The Roaring Season. This site has become a daily fixture for many, who want to see it continue to grow, and this is a way they feel they can contribute.

In the past I've been quite anti the idea of receiving donations. I feel the site should eventually survive and prosper through advertising and other sources of revenue. However, until the time there are enough advertisers contributing, I'm happy to accept donations.

So if you feel you'd like to make a donation to The Roaring Season, I'd appreciate any amount you're comfortable to give. All contributions will be kept strictly confidential.

If you feel you'd like to make a donation, but aren't sure what sort of figure to contribute, this may help. Recently I mooted the concept of turning The Roaring Season into an online magazine with an annual subscription of NZ$45. This is a figure most who've approached me with the intention of making a donation have suggested. However, any amount is very much appreciated.

Please note, you should not feel compelled to donate if you're not comfortable with this. I'm only suggesting it because I've had several people approach me about doing this. But if you'd like to make a donation to The Roaring Season, you can contact me at: theroaringseason@gmail.com

Cheers
Steve

Allan
04-04-2013, 04:36 AM
Got an address or bank account no to send money to?
Allan

car mad
04-04-2013, 07:08 AM
could you Pm me your bank account details please Steve
Many thanks Adrian

RacerT
04-04-2013, 10:04 PM
Hi Steve
Are you set up for card transactions, as I would like to contribute that way and I'm sure many other would too.
Keep up the great work - Tony

Steve Holmes
04-04-2013, 10:49 PM
Hey you guys, many thanks. I've sent you all emails this morning, please let me know if you don't receive them.

Grant Sprague
04-04-2013, 11:06 PM
Yep jusy need yr bank details ......... Thanks STeve ....... Grant

Rod Grimwood
04-05-2013, 01:50 AM
What a neat photo of Jack Brabham (to be Sir) and Bruce McLaren (who would/could have been), two of the legends of our part of the world. Mr Brabham made the trip but unfortunately Mr McLaren left with unfinished business, which was taken over and managed very well by a great team and people.
The name Brabham and McLaren are in motor racing history for ever.
Again love that photo.

Howard Wood
04-09-2013, 12:50 AM
Steve,
Do you want to put a bank a/c on the thread?
If not please pm me too.

Steve Holmes
04-09-2013, 01:12 AM
Hi Howard, many thanks. I will send you an email.

Steve Holmes
04-22-2013, 01:01 AM
I'd like to say a huge thanks to everyone who has contributed with a donation so far. Your kindness has been very much appreciated.

Bruce Sollitt
04-22-2013, 01:40 AM
Well done on the 2 years Steve. Send a pm or an email and I'll pay some dues. bruce@aspivenin.net

Howard Wood
04-22-2013, 04:28 AM
Hi Howard, many thanks. I will send you an email.

Still waiting Steve!

Steve Holmes
04-22-2013, 07:05 AM
Howard I sent you an email approx 1 week ago. Will send you a personal message on here instead.

Steve Holmes
04-24-2013, 04:21 AM
Steve,
Do you want to put a bank a/c on the thread?
If not please pm me too.

Howard, at the very top of your screen, next to your Username, you'll see the text: "Notifications 1". Click that. I've sent you a message.

Steve Holmes
05-06-2013, 10:20 PM
Once again I'd just like to say a huge thanks to everyone who has offered a donation. I've been blown away by everyones generosity. It inspires me to make this site bigger and better, and more enjoyable for you all. Thanks again all.