PDA

View Full Version : Newbie on block from Vic, Aust

ITOW4U
04-12-2013, 12:38 PM
Hi All,

My name is Sean and more than likely a few of you may know me or vice versa. I am an avid motorsport tragic and probably for the last 10 years or so with more of an interest in Historic racing - as someone from the sidelines at this stage. I am nearing on the 'middle' stage of my life and as the title suggest I am from Melbourne, Victoria and have a few cars (about 9) stashed away in the garage so you could say that petrol runs through my veins.

My occupation is in the Auto Industry and I do come into contact with quite a few racing cars as well as some exotics and show cars, so therefore do have some 'inside' info on some vehicles that are currently around the traps so to say.

As with most people there are a few events that are on my "Bucket List" and hopefully this year I will get to the Monterey Historics in August as well as a few other motoring events in the near future. Anyway I hope that I can add a bit of value to the forum and contribute where I can but for now I must go and explore a few threads that have grabbed to my attention.

Cheers,
Sean.

Steve Holmes
04-16-2013, 04:46 AM
Hello Sean, welcome to The Roaring Season. Its really great to have you here. Am already enjoy your contributions to the site. What cars do you have in your collection, if you don't mind me asking?

ITOW4U
04-16-2013, 09:52 PM
Thanks Steve, not an overly big collection at the moment (and truth be known most of them are my wife's) but at the moment in the garage we have 63 Datsun 320 ute, 65 Prince Skyline GTB, 66 Datsun Fairlady (and another parts car), 2x Datsun 1200 'club' racecars, XD Falcon then the daily's are an XR8 ute and an XR4. As with most others, there have certainly been ample cars that have been and gone from the garage but an occupational hazard of mine allows me to get up and personal with other collections varying from old cars to new cars and including race cars that allow me to appreciate all sorts of vehicles and find out the good/bad points of them as well.

Cheers
Sean

ITOW4U
04-16-2013, 10:09 PM
I also forgot to mention that for the past few years I have also been involved with volunteering at various motorsport events from club level all the way to F1's in Melbourne and have also amassed quite a few photos. Bit hesitatant about putting them up here at the moment as there are still fairly 'modern' shots and dont want to detract from the site nor bombard with stuff that most of you have seen.

Steve Holmes
04-17-2013, 04:54 AM
Awesome! Some really nice early Japanese cars in there. Those are really desirable these days. Lots of people on here share your passion.

Steve Holmes
04-17-2013, 04:55 AM
Sean, you might enjoy this article: http://www.theroaringseason.com/showthread.php?1067-Article-Against-All-Odds-BRE-Datsuns-Documentary