PDA

View Full Version : Eric Mallard (Secret Squirrel)

Deborah Day
06-06-2013, 01:53 AM
Hi guys,

not sure if it's possible to keep a secret on a forum like this, but I'd appreciate no one pointing this out to Eric!

I'm working on a project for NZIGP and The Motorsport Club, with a deadline of August and I'm looking for stories or photos of Eric throughout his long career as a volunteer in motorsport. Either PM me or post here and if you'd like full details of the project, message me and I'll tell you more.

Thanks in advance,

Deb Day

Michael Clark
06-06-2013, 06:12 AM
David Oxton would be a good man to talk to Deb

Deborah Day
06-06-2013, 06:22 AM
Thanks Michael - will definitely chat to David. Terry Marshall has just sent me some amazing photos too.

fullnoise68
06-06-2013, 07:05 AM
Hi Debbie, while he`s still ticking Eric should be given more public recognition for his services to motorsport. A bit like your self in another 40 years.... Dame Debra Day!!

Rod Grimwood
06-07-2013, 02:02 AM
So right Steve, Eric needs some public recognition. Had many a chat over years with Eric, some very tense, others very relaxed and cheerful. He has done a great job (that no one thanks you for, as 'in kicking your arse') others in organisation. Top guy.

Deborah Day
06-07-2013, 02:46 AM
Thanks guys - you're right. Eric is at the head of the queue for unsung heroes - which is the driving force behind this project.

paul lancaster
06-07-2013, 10:54 AM
I've had the pleasure to commentate with Eric at levels, staunch formula ford man, full of knowledge, I'm sure all the young drivers look up to him as their formula ford grandad.