PDA

View Full Version : Constructors Car CLub DIY Car Show - Cars Wanted

Patrick.Harlow
07-02-2013, 07:08 AM

On the weekend of October the 12th and 13th the Constructors Car Club is holding a show to celebrate its 25th anniversary and the launch of my book NZ Manufactured Cars. Is there anybody out there that has such a car that they would be prepared to bring to Wellington for this weekend.

One wall has been set aside for the cars that are in the book. So far the cars that have owners committed to displaying them are the Almac Sabre (Upper Hutt), the Aspen Sirus (Auckland), the Duzgo (Christchurch), the F10 Special (Papakura), the Countess (Feilding), Magnum Spectre (Wanganui), Jarvie (Palmerston North), Lapponia Alpina (North Shore), Short Spyder (Tokoroa), Tom Morland Firebird (Masterton), Tron Mountach (Green Bay), Tull Samba (Upper Hutt), Wilco 7 (Carterton). Names in brackets are where they are coming from.

Please let me know if you are interested. It will be a great show. In the past we have had two shows with the last being in 2005. To see the previous shows have a look at the Constructors Car Club website. It is hoped to have over 150 cars on display.

225sloper
07-02-2013, 10:41 PM
Do any of you know were this car is now,built in Wanganui mid 70s by Vince Keats the Vampire VK was a great looking car,would love to see some coloured photos of it.19030

Patrick.Harlow
07-10-2013, 07:41 PM
Good News.

I forwarded your question to my car expert in Wanganui and his reply is below....

Hi Patrick,
Yes this is the V K Special built by Vince Keats and a very nice little beast it was. I think it was Zepher powered but I will get round to see Vince this week some time and get him to Email the details to you. During the mid seventies a friend of mine Gerald Weeks organised the car show where this photo was taken in a wool store, there were about 200 altogether it was big.
Cheers, Garth.

markson
07-11-2013, 08:01 AM
Hi Patrick
Sounds interesting to me I just might bring the MARKSON down .Markson

Patrick.Harlow
07-11-2013, 07:19 PM
Sounds great.

That car would be most welcome.

225sloper
07-11-2013, 10:47 PM
Good News.

I forwarded your question to my car expert in Wanganui and his reply is below....

Hi Patrick,
Yes this is the V K Special built by Vince Keats and a very nice little beast it was. I think it was Zepher powered but I will get round to see Vince this week some time and get him to Email the details to you. During the mid seventies a friend of mine Gerald Weeks organised the car show where this photo was taken in a wool store, there were about 200 altogether it was big.
Cheers, Garth.
That would be good as i saw this car when i was young my Gran lived next door and i use to peep over the fence to look at it.I went to that car show in the woolshed too.It really is a great looking car.

John B
07-12-2013, 04:23 AM
Sorry Patrick. Just last week I sold my Almac Sabre S2 racecar, otherwise I would have bought it down to the show.

I had heard a lot about the shows organised by the Constructors Car Club in Wellington, but have never attended one. This would have been a good opportunity to attend. C'est la vie!

Good luck. Cheers, John

Paul Wilkinson
07-12-2013, 11:17 PM
All I've got is a beaten up old 'barnfind' S4 Lotus 7. I'm sure you can find many nicer examples close to home. I'm certainly going to try and free up some funds for a roadtrip down to visit though.

Patrick.Harlow
07-14-2013, 05:33 AM
Thanks Paul.
I am sure that it will be worth the trip. There will be a few beaten up and unfinished cars on display as well as some classic oldsters that are being restored.

markson
07-14-2013, 05:59 AM
Hi Patrick
The Markson definatly comes under the above catagory, but it is interesting
. Markson