PDA

View Full Version : Somona Historics, California

Kiwiboss
06-06-2011, 03:18 AM
Hi guys, been "Living the dream" the last few days, just got back to my mates house in Modesto, CA from spending the last 3 days at the Somona Historics, Infinion Raceway, SF, California today. Quite amazing for June up here as it rained most days with all racing saturday cancelled but today paned out OK, Chad Raynal(with me in Pic) who was at Hampton Downs as a visitor in Jan won his Trans Am race driving his beautiful 69 Camaro!! although quite down on numbers the way the weather was!! Lots of interest in getting these guys to NZ sometime in the future? also a bunch for Aussies there pushing to do the same!! all in all a great event, the bad weather allowed me time to talk with most driver/car owners!

Dale Mathers

Steve Holmes
06-06-2011, 03:21 AM
Bloody hell, the power of the internet aye Dale! Craig was just saying how nice its been around here with you in the US, but of course he forgot you can log on here from anywhere. Great to see you caught up with Chad. Looks like you're having a good time. Keep the posts coming.

Kiwiboss
06-06-2011, 03:34 AM
That Stacey can't get away from me, already phoned him to check he's working on those cars!! LOL.

Yeah, amazing Steve, can't beat the net!!! I really didn't get a chance to take too many pictures!! and although the weather was bad for racing, it allowed time to talk with the usually busy drivers!! also spent quite some time with Aussie Ian Woody and his lady Kay from Wynham, Queensland as they run the Australian Trans Am series so i have them fizzing for Hampton and HMC!!! Trans Tasman here we come!! The Americans themselves are quite keen on the idea, 2013 will work for most!! as they have Road America and San Jovite next month, they where quite amazed i can get there cars shipped to NZ and back for the same price as them doing this trip!!

Dale Mathers

Steve Holmes
06-06-2011, 03:43 AM
Yeah he has been too busy on here posting pictures to be working on his cars. Too easily distracted.

Do you have a website for the Queensland Trans-Am guys?

What other classes were running at Sonoma? Can-Am was there by the looks of it, but I guess not too many wanted to race in the rain.

Kiwiboss
06-06-2011, 03:53 AM
Yes, plenty of other class's, sports cars, etc but mainly older pre war type cars!! the blue Can Am pictured is Rodger Williams new toy, will eventually make its way back to NZ!! and sure, no racing for those boys in the wet!!

The Aussie TA website is as below, the orange 71 Camaro is Ian Woody's car!!they sure are keen Steve.

http://www.transamracing.com.au/

Dale Mathers

Bruce302
06-06-2011, 04:49 AM
Looking good Dale,
The Trans Am cars are an inspiration as far as period correct presentation is concerned.

It sure would be good to get a few of them here for Hampton Downs.

Bring me back something nice. Please.

Bruce.

Javman
06-06-2011, 08:23 AM
Hi Guys and Dale too, Sounds like you dudes are gangin up on this here hillbilly?
Nice shots Dale, i heard the AMC"S were too fast for the Big Three this weekend,huh. Maybe they need some moonshine in there ingin brother!
Hope you are havin a great time.
regards
Craig