PDA

View Full Version : New Member

Linz
08-31-2013, 06:36 AM
Hey There, I am a new Member here,
I am Lindsay from Dunedin, I am crazy about Australian Muscle Cars. It all started when my father was at a car yard test driving a Landcruiser. I was boared as until i saw a 69 HT Monaro at that yard , I was only 10 and I was hooked there and then. The Monaro looked like it was doing the ton just parked there. but my father would not buy it so i started saving my paper run money.
A few years later i had a 69 HT GTS Monaro 308 4-Speed then worked my way up to a HK 327 Bathurst that was a real beast. Then bought a house and needed the money for that so the Monaro had to go.
It was a sad day seeing that HK Bathurst leaving my house.

It was a lot of years later that I bought a HT 350 GTS Bathurst Monaro This Monaro has some race history as Bill Minty owned and raced this monaro in the Castrol GTX Series in the early 1970's.

You can see this Monaro in the Forum Help wanted tracking down its racing history.
I also like Falcon GT'S Love the Falcon Coupes and also the Valiant Chargers.

John B
09-01-2013, 12:41 AM
Hi Lindsay,
Welcome to the Forum. Looks like you have already received a lot a feedback and information on the Monaro thread. You'll find this site extremely interesting and useful ... and like most of us, end up spending far too much time here!
Cheers, John