PDA

View Full Version : Rod Grimwood

Rod Grimwood
06-12-2011, 08:10 AM
What a great site and great subject, classic cars and people. I suppose I can thank my grandfather and dad for taking me to Ardmore and then Pukekohe. Once I could put my own shirt on I was allowed to sneak off with them and watch the racing as long as mum did not find out. Then I got wiskers and I started to play with cars and help other people (I used to hang around until they stuck a wheel brace or something in my hand and yep, I was a team member) Been involved in all sorts of motorsport over the years with a wide variety of different people and cars. From rallying to curcuit and speedway. Even played with offshore powerboats for a while. Went to first meeting at Pukekohe and still wander down for look at Historics, First meeting at Baypark and last, what a neat track, original Taupo when the big tent was the centre of attention. Yea meet alot of very good people over the time. Think I will meet some more on here too, that will be great. Still got a couple of toys tucked up in the garage.
Thanks Steve for this site

Steve Holmes
06-12-2011, 08:29 AM
Love the intro Rod, and its better late then never aye! Its great to have you here.

Rod Grimwood
04-22-2014, 08:57 AM
Steve, can you change the bit under my name please, (world champion) just part or weekend racer will be good, ta

Grant Sprague
04-23-2014, 03:49 AM
What a great site and great subject, classic cars and people. I suppose I can thank my grandfather and dad for taking me to Ardmore and then Pukekohe. Once I could put my own shirt on I was allowed to sneak off with them and watch the racing as long as mum did not find out. Then I got wiskers and I started to play with cars and help other people (I used to hang around until they stuck a wheel brace or something in my hand and yep, I was a team member) Been involved in all sorts of motorsport over the years with a wide variety of different people and cars. From rallying to curcuit and speedway. Even played with offshore powerboats for a while. Went to first meeting at Pukekohe and still wander down for look at Historics, First meeting at Baypark and last, what a neat track, original Taupo when the big tent was the centre of attention. Yea meet alot of very good people over the time. Think I will meet some more on here too, that will be great. Still got a couple of toys tucked up in the garage.
Thanks Steve for this siteOh yes Rod THAT tent ........... & woooow what fun he he he ?????

Rod Grimwood
04-23-2014, 10:21 PM
That tent was certainly a classic, Tent pole climbing races, head stands in the 40 gal. rubbish drums, burn outs in entrance so every one had to get out for air, and then there was a big chiller with nice ladies behind the bar feeding out the danger juice. Yep great days.

Rod Grimwood
04-24-2014, 12:41 AM
That tent was certainly a classic, Tent pole climbing races, head stands in the 40 gal. rubbish drums, burn outs in entrance so every one had to get out for air, and then there was a big chiller with nice ladies behind the bar feeding out the danger juice. Yep great days.

Got a great photo of Glen Jones getting a prize in the tent a little before he passed on, think this might have been when he set the lap record (out right) and was not beaten for old circuit. Grant you appear on the record sheet as well cobber. I will post on one of the threads.

Grant Sprague
04-26-2014, 05:28 AM
Got a great photo of Glen Jones getting a prize in the tent a little before he passed on, think this might have been when he set the lap record (out right) and was not beaten for old circuit. Grant you appear on the record sheet as well cobber. I will post on one of the threads. Ha Ha Rod I remember when running the SCANZ car I got awarded something up there for that time ......... I got grin on my face at that time of the series , BUT my friend [the chief time keeper ] a FEMALE I was seeing a bit of during the Taupo weekends ....I was getting a hard time by a few mates saying oooohhhhhhhh Grant its just because you KNOW HER lol ......yep great times Rod .... ps Rod if you get time get in touch with Mike / f we are having a catch up next week .........:cool: