PDA

View Full Version : Ross Hudson says Hi from Melbourne

Ross
10-03-2013, 03:18 AM
Hi
I have just discovered "The Roaring Season".
What a great forum for memories.

I have been involved in motorsport all my life, right back to helping my dad (Vic Hudson) at Levin Motor Racing Circuit, even before racing commenced in 1956.
The racing at Levin was fabulous, bringing back memories of drivers such as Tom Clark, Syd Jensen, Ross Jensen, Fred Zambucca, john Rily, Red Dawson, Roly Levis, Jim Clark, Jackie Stewart, etc, etc.
I attended all the meetings at Levin until moving to Christchurch to attend University in 1966.

In those days the car club at Canterbury Uni. was UMC (University Motor Club) and was a fantastic source of competitive motoring pleasure for many under funded students & graduates. We had to maximise our fun per $.

I competed in club events in a 1964(?) Renault Dauphine then graduated to a series of Minis which culminated in me purchasing DM1035 from Len Bennett of Levels (Timaru)
During this period I not only competed in club sprints, racing, hillclimbs, rallies etc but organised the Shell Triple Hundred Rally and was the Clerk of Course for the ill-fated Shell 74 internatonal Rally which was cancelled due to the fuel crisis at that time.

In 1973/4 I competed in the Castrol GTX series in a Datsun 1200. Great fun racing!

Sold the cars & moved to Melbourne in mid 74 !

Lots of racing all over Australia in Series Production, Touring cars, etc over the years and then Historic Touring (Appendix J)
Would like to make contact again with friends/competitors who I have lost touch with over the period.

Ross

Steve Holmes
10-04-2013, 04:56 AM
Hi there Ross, welcome to The Roaring Season! Fantastic to have you here. I'll look forward to your contributions to the site. Would love to know more about the cars you raced in Series Production in the '70s, and in Historic Touring Cars.

Ross
10-07-2013, 12:53 AM
Steve
I have tried several times to upload some images but to no avail.
What are the tricks?
Ross