PDA

View Full Version : Valve keepers wanted

Grant Ellwood
10-12-2013, 11:43 AM
Set of 16 MG Midget 1275 valve keepers wanted.
ellwoodusa@yahoo.com

jamie
02-03-2014, 05:59 AM
Yo Grant try Lyn Rodgers, Drop me A line and I will give you a Ph No. Am in wellington for a few days so don't have it with me .
Happy New Year Regards Jamie A

Grant Ellwood
02-03-2014, 03:06 PM
Yo Grant try Lyn Rodgers, Drop me A line and I will give you a Ph No. Am in wellington for a few days so don't have it with me .
Happy New Year Regards Jamie A

Thanks Jamie but I have just found some up here, from Moss Motors in case anyone else is looking for BMC parts.
The keepers are for a 1500 Ford, have a set of narrow stem stainless inlet valves and the Midget keepers are a perfect fit.
Looking forward to a good 2014 for all of us!

Grant Sprague
02-03-2014, 06:51 PM
Grant google bmc go fast [performance uk] there abouts ..... may as well go the full hog & get light weight com keepers & retainers, go all the way ..

Grant Ellwood
02-04-2014, 01:26 AM
Grant google bmc go fast [performance uk] there abouts ..... may as well go the full hog & get light weight com keepers & retainers, go all the way ..

Thanks Grant, will take a look at that site. I like that you can get parts now that duplicate the dimensions and specs of parts of period years but have more strength and reliability.

Grant Sprague
02-04-2014, 03:32 AM
Grant , When I ran the 2 anglias in pre 65 , things like good valve springs, valves, keepers & retainers all came from good ole mother england, even the good roller rockers I was the only one venturing out to get the horse power all was available from uk , Kevin Bann [Mr Kelford Cam Tech] was right behind me always , trying different things even the down port, really got it to fly ,not to mention Alby Collier & local Grant Fitzpatrick up the front a head of the lotus cortinas & a few v/8s... have fun 138 mph was our bench mark at Puke