PDA

View Full Version : Great memories from the Sixties and Seventies

khyndart in CA
10-18-2013, 01:15 AM
I had the wonderful experience of growing up in the Morrinsville area in the time of Ross Greenville, Dennis Marwood,
Spinner Black, Rex Hart and Bryan Innes etc. I used to hang around Spinner's shop on Thames Street and watch the likes of Greg Tordoff work their magic on anything that came through the door. Always a fun place to hear great stories and visits from Rod Coppins and Terry Scott etc.
I later went to Australia and England and worked at Trojan Works in Croydon in the Hewland transmission dept. as we
built the last of the Can Am cars and then F 5000 cars in 1973. We were also the Suzuki of GB distributor and had Barry Sheene as he was just starting out. I met my bride to be in London and came to California in 1974 and this is still home for us. My good friend Graham Donaldson got me to help with the Teddy Yip / Sid Taylor team that brought a Lola T330 to Long Beach, Laguna Seca and Riverside in late 1975 for the hugely talented Tony Brise to drive.
It was such a blow to lose both he and Graham Hill a month later.
Well that is enough about me. I never worked in the pits again but of course still follow racing. I feel very blessed to have grown up when and where I did.
Cheers,
Ken Hyndman

Steve Holmes
01-14-2014, 04:15 AM
Hi there Ken, apologies for the very belated welcome. But welcome to The Roaring Season. Its great to have you here, and I'm really looking forward to uploading and sharing your amazing images with everyone here.

khyndart in CA
01-18-2014, 04:26 PM
Steve,
I really appreciate you displaying my images. It brings back many memories of that weekend at Silverstone. I watched the Grand Prix at
Becketts corner along with Patrick Head and later as we were leaving he introduced me to his good friend John Barnard. It was hard to believe that I was amongst two of the best grand prix designers of the near future when I look back now !
I look forward to you displaying more photos, especially the mechanics work conditions compared to the present day !
I have more Trojan F 5000 photos if that is ok ?
Thanks for all you do.
Kind regards,
Ken