PDA

View Full Version : Historic Motor Racing, Highlands Motorsport Park Easter 2014.

timbo61
01-08-2014, 05:26 AM
Hi everybody.
I was just looking at the Highlands Motorsport Park, Cromwell website and on the events page they list an historic Motor racing event for Easter 2014.
They list it as NZ's premier Classic/Historic weekend (the NZFMR organisers might raise an eyebrow about that).
Does anyone in NZ know much about the upcoming event and what is happening.
I'm considering a trip across the ditch if it is indeed going to be NZ's premier weekend for historic cars.

Kiwiboss
01-10-2014, 03:03 AM
Hi everybody.
I was just looking at the Highlands Motorsport Park, Cromwell website and on the events page they list an historic Motor racing event for Easter 2014.
They list it as NZ's premier Classic/Historic weekend (the NZFMR organisers might raise an eyebrow about that).
Does anyone in NZ know much about the upcoming event and what is happening.
I'm considering a trip across the ditch if it is indeed going to be NZ's premier weekend for historic cars.

Its only words Timbo61 to entice the unknowledgeable at the gate$$, but i plan to be at Highlands for that weekend JUST to view the track and facilities as I have not done so and will take in that event as a spectator, I do however really doubt that there will be any conforming historic class's unless they run Shell Sport, Group A&C and maybe OSCARS as they seem to be sort off semi organised class's down that way, the rest will be a bunch of old looking cars fitted with modern components I'd say so probably more an all-comers event!!

Still, be great to watch and I hope im proved to be wrong!!

Dale M

Jac Mac
01-11-2014, 11:33 PM
:)Timbo, I see your into aviation as well, pretty sure the 'Warbird over Wanaka' is on this easter, so if you have the misfortune to be sitting near Dale @ Highlands & tire of listening to his likely comments about how that car hasnt got a legal CoD, & look at those 6 pot calipers etc etc a quick ~20 minute drive up the road will get you some real HP in the sky.
Actually Im surprised that Dale isnt going to run his car/'s at the meeting, or is he scared his car might not comply with SI regulations or lack of them, doesnt Grant Aitken have a Mustang as well?, likely he would enjoy someone to race with.

timbo61
01-12-2014, 10:26 PM
You're right Jac Mac, Warbirds over Wanaka is on the same weekend. I was going to spend one day at the airshow and one day at Highlands for the historic cars.
I cant go too wrong, but it would be nice to know what will be happening for the classic cars at Highlands.

Mini.Mad
01-15-2014, 07:41 AM
They're doing a combo pass so people can do both (that's what my Dad and I are going to do) - $110.00 on the Ticket Direct website. Gives you general admission for both and doing it so you can do Warbirds on one day and Highlands on the other

AMCO72
02-09-2014, 11:30 PM
Jac Mac.......have look at your private message folder.......

Carlo
02-15-2014, 07:22 PM
OSCARS

Dale M

OSCA = Open Saloon Car Association. Been in existence for damn near 50 years. Provided they have a large Zimmer Frame parking area it sure will be a great party when that happens if all the good old boys turn up

Grant Sprague
02-15-2014, 07:35 PM
Carlo , you are a crack up, lol, sorry I missed u at Timaru a few days ago , was on a bit of a mission, caught up with noddy , Jimmmy ,mike, etc at practice levels yep mate we are all getting older but still feel like 20........ good to see a bit of NI & SI Island bantering nothing has chaged in 50 yrs lol ...... As for High Lands I want to get a small group of Tga boys [ex racers] & head down during winter to have a look & play up a bit as we do ..... Granteeeeeeeeeeee

Des Ward
03-20-2014, 10:36 PM
Hi Grant, I am going to highland park for a look too, must be my turn to shout you a beer.
will show you the photos of the mk3 Zodiac.

Grant Sprague
03-21-2014, 01:09 AM
Hi Des........ Great to hear from you , & was great to see you when u were up in Tga ....... you meet a few of my petrol head mates , I will put it to them re a trip south , I am off to the states in may with family so it would be july or aug that I get a trip sorted.. lol a beer sounds ok Grant