PDA

View Full Version : Scottsdale Auctions

Doug Rudy
01-17-2014, 03:20 PM
Fun time to be in Scottsdale Arizona. Several auctions going on this week. The biggie here is the Barrett-Jackson event. Very extensive collection of cars of every genre. Think the big race related lot is the drag cars of Don Prudhomme and Tom McEwen...the Snake and the Mongoose. These are the Hot Wheels Team cars and the respective haulers.

The Russo and Steele auction is another that I go to. Got to share a few words with Lyn St. James there yesterday.
Anyway, if any of you are in town for the auctions, ring me up, maybe we can have a pint together.
Doug

Steve Holmes
01-18-2014, 12:52 AM
Hi Doug, thanks for this. Who owns the two Hot Wheels team cars? Is is Don Prudhomme? I have a hot rod magazine from a couple of years ago in which the Snake tracked down and restored one of his old funnycars plus his transporter. Not sure if this is the same car though?

Doug Rudy
01-18-2014, 01:56 AM
Hi Doug, thanks for this. Who owns the two Hot Wheels team cars? Is is Don Prudhomme? I have a hot rod magazine from a couple of years ago in which the Snake tracked down and restored one of his old funnycars plus his transporter. Not sure if this is the same car though?

Don't know if Don Prudhomme owned the set of two haulers and two drag cars. When passing by them early this past Sunday Don was there with someone before the crowds started coming in. I will see if I can find out who own's the set of Hot Wheels Race Team vehicles up for auction at Barrett-Jackson.
No luck yet in finding owners. But here is a link to the vehicles. http://www.dragzine.com/news/snake-mongoose-haulers-finally-set-for-auction-at-barrett-jackson/
Doug