PDA

View Full Version : GRAND PRIX DECISION DOWN TO THE WIRE

CUSTAXIE50
02-04-2014, 01:51 AM
Im with Chris Amon on this one at what he had to say.

Powder
02-04-2014, 03:44 AM
Im with Chris Amon on this one at what he had to say.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/manawatu-standard/news/9657016/Grand-Prix-decision-next-month

crunch
02-04-2014, 03:51 AM
http://www.stuff.co.nz/manawatu-standard/news/9657016/Grand-Prix-decision-next-month

There are 4 circuits who made presentations to MSNZ to run the GP from 2014 for three years.
ALL those applications are still under consideration.
Raymond Bennett

ERC
02-04-2014, 04:37 AM
The British F1 GP alternated between Brands hatch (south) and Silverstone (midlands) for a while and given that Mr Ecclestone isn't after a $14m bribe to take it to a different track, why not 3 years at a north island track with 1 year at a southern track, equating roughly to the population split?

There is no compelling reason to keep it at any one track.

Parnelli
02-04-2014, 07:19 AM
When it’s being contested by ‘Toyota ‘ go carts , who gives a sh-- where it’s held ! Given the size of grids that we get for F5000’s then wouldn’t it be more honorable to the esteem names on the trophy to run it for a class that will attract paying spectators ? I for one, would travel to any track in the country to see a NZ Grand Prix for F5000’s.

CUSTAXIE50
02-04-2014, 08:45 AM
Nice one,yes these-go carts as you have called them dont do it for me,thinking back did they not run f fords one year down south a race that had part one and part two in it because they had to stop for fuel.

ERC
02-04-2014, 09:08 AM
When it’s being contested by ‘Toyota ‘ go carts , who gives a sh-- where it’s held ! Given the size of grids that we get for F5000’s then wouldn’t it be more honorable to the esteemed names on the trophy to run it for a class that will attract paying spectators? I for one, would travel to any track in the country to see a NZ Grand Prix for F5000’s.
Amen to that! Guaranteed full grid, plenty of noise and an equally large sized field failing to qualify = two grids! Second group running for the NZ plate!
Brilliant Parnelli.

Carlo
02-04-2014, 09:12 AM
The British F1 GP alternated between Brands hatch (south) and Silverstone (midlands) for a while and given that Mr Ecclestone isn't after a $14m bribe to take it to a different track, why not 3 years at a north island track with 1 year at a southern track, equating roughly to the population split?

There is no compelling reason to keep it at any one track.

I would have thought that with only 4 Kiwi's competing in the Toyota Racing Series, with 3 of them being from the South Island and only 1 from the North Island that you would be advocating a four year cycle based on representation.

Racer Rog
02-04-2014, 10:57 AM
I would have thought that with only 4 Kiwi's competing in the Toyota Racing Series, with 3 of them being from the South Island and only 1 from the North Island that you would be advocating a four year cycle based on representation.

Don't bait him Carl, or he'll start ranting again, he has to save himself for a meeting in Auckland on the 18th of March. But will see you in the weekend, will be there on Thursday afternoon.
Roger