PDA

View Full Version : Shadow Can-Am

superroo69
02-14-2014, 05:44 AM
I know it was quite awhile ago, but there was a thread on Can-Am cars where the Shadow AVS MkI Chevrolet was mentioned. I knew I had a photo of it somewhere, but couldn't find it at the time. As is usually the case, whilst searching for something else, I came across the Shadow photo taken at the Goodwood Festival of Speed back in 2008. Must admit, I can't imaging anyone in their right mind driving what is essentially an overgrown go-cart with around 700HP propelling it down the road!!! :eek:

rf84
02-14-2014, 10:39 PM
If you think the Mark 1 was low Google it's predecessor the Shadow Can Am prototype! There's quite a good article and pictures at www.supercars.net/cars/1726.html
I spoke at length with "Quick Vic" (Elford) at Goodwood in 2007 but it was not until I returned home and read his bio that I realised what a versatile and successful driver he was (see en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vic_Elford) Porsche used to produce posters featuring their cars that had won important races. It was therefore a huge honour for Vic that they only ever once produced a poster featuring a driver (Vic).
I would suggest that, if anyone could have tamed the Shadow, Vic would have been the man to do it.