PDA

View Full Version : Comeback

Art Markus
02-18-2014, 12:13 AM
Hi all,

Having last raced in 1997 (Eurocar V6 at Brands Hatch) I fancy a last dabble with a little low-key classic/historic racing, before Old Father Time and Mother Nature gang up on me and tell me I can't do it any more. Have a modest budget available, so can't afford truly FAST, but would like to find something small light and nippy. Have a sentimental attraction for MG Midget (or Sprite) as that was my first race car and meets the aforementioned criteria. Would also consider something like a Toyota Starlet, Datsun 1200 Coupe or possibly a Seven variant, but have an open mind so would consider anything. Anyone have a disused race car, abandoned project or WHY? in the shed that could go to a new home?

Best wishes,

Art Markus

Kevin Hirst
02-23-2014, 01:00 AM
Hi all,

Having last raced in 1997 (Eurocar V6 at Brands Hatch) I fancy a last dabble with a little low-key classic/historic racing, before Old Father Time and Mother Nature gang up on me and tell me I can't do it any more. Have a modest budget available, so can't afford truly FAST, but would like to find something small light and nippy. Have a sentimental attraction for MG Midget (or Sprite) as that was my first race car and meets the aforementioned criteria. Would also consider something like a Toyota Starlet, Datsun 1200 Coupe or possibly a Seven variant, but have an open mind so would consider anything. Anyone have a disused race car, abandoned project or WHY? in the shed that could go to a new home?

Best wishes,

Art Markus
Have seven variant homologated rollcage log book, road reg, etc. cheers Kev Hirst

Art Markus
02-23-2014, 11:24 PM
Hi Kev,

Thanx for reply. Would like some more details (engine spec; YOM; design etc) but definitely interested. Can you email me at candamarkus@xtra.co.nz. If you include a phone number and preferred time to call I will get in touch.

Best regards,

Art

Kevin Hirst
02-26-2014, 12:47 AM
Have seven variant homologated rollcage log book, road reg, etc. cheers Kev Hirst

Hi, Art, did you get the info we sent you? If not give us a ring anytime on 094314889, cheers,Kev

Art Markus
03-17-2014, 07:30 AM
Hi all,

Just to let everyone know we have bought a Toyota Starlet. Needs a little bit of work but looking forward to getting busy. Thanx to all who have seen this thread and taken an interest. Hope to see you at a race track sometime soon...

Best wishes,

Art Markus