PDA

View Full Version : G'day from another newbie

HEM138
03-08-2014, 05:22 AM
G'day all. My names Brad and I live in the beautiful Hunter Valley NSW. I am a Holden nut through and through and have owned numerous HQ Monaro's but currently own a Silver Mink/Goya Red HK Monaro running a very warm 327, Turbo 350, 9" with a full spool, 28 spline and 4:11's. Gorgeous car but the full spool is a headache. My main reason behind my joining this forum is that my grandparents own a genuine Ex ATCC E38 R/T Charger Big Tank and over the past 6-7 years I have been researching the cars history. After a couple years off I have kicked off the research again here in the hope of obtaining information, photographs and footage of the cars history. I won't give away too much here as I'll leave the full story for "General Discussion" in a few days. Basically though the car was raced from new up until my grandparents purchased it in June 1973 and they still own it now (nan owns it as pop passed away), so it has been in their hands for the past 41 years and hopefully with some convincing of nan and the sale of my beloved HK I can eventually take ownership and transform the car back to its original race guise. Wish me luck.

Grant Sprague
03-08-2014, 11:40 PM
G'day all. My names Brad and I live in the beautiful Hunter Valley NSW. I am a Holden nut through and through and have owned numerous HQ Monaro's but currently own a Silver Mink/Goya Red HK Monaro running a very warm 327, Turbo 350, 9" with a full spool, 28 spline and 4:11's. Gorgeous car but the full spool is a headache. My main reason behind my joining this forum is that my grandparents own a genuine Ex ATCC E38 R/T Charger Big Tank and over the past 6-7 years I have been researching the cars history. After a couple years off I have kicked off the research again here in the hope of obtaining information, photographs and footage of the cars history. I won't give away too much here as I'll leave the full story for "General Discussion" in a few days. Basically though the car was raced from new up until my grandparents purchased it in June 1973 and they still own it now (nan owns it as pop passed away), so it has been in their hands for the past 41 years and hopefully with some convincing of nan and the sale of my beloved HK I can eventually take ownership and transform the car back to its original race guise. Wish me luck.
Sounds like a bit of fun...... as for E38 & E 49 my brother & friend raced them at Bathurst many moons ago .... you might be able to Google NZ drivers there at that time , both cars are here in NZ fit & well

HEM138
03-09-2014, 03:49 AM
Really? Can I ask what their names are?

Grant Sprague
03-09-2014, 05:50 AM
Gary Sprague & Leo Leonard

HEM138
03-09-2014, 08:48 AM
It's a small world. I have heard of Gary actually and I had tracked down Leo a few years back and called him to see if he had any info on this particular Charger as the driver was also a New Zealander. Leo couldn't help my out at all but it was great to chat to such a legend from the Charger days.

Steve Holmes
03-10-2014, 01:41 AM
Hi there Brad, hey welcome to The Roaring Season. Its really great to have you here. I too am a Monaro enthusiast, though my personal interest is in the later HQ model. Really looking forward to you starting your thread on your families E38. Thats going to be interesting.

HEM138
03-11-2014, 12:49 PM
I have started my thread on the Charger now titled "Our ex Tony Paul ATCC R/T E38 Charger race car" in the general discussion section.