PDA

View Full Version : New member

AMCO72
06-19-2011, 10:53 PM
Hi all......Gerald Fogg here, father of Angus, NZ V8 racer. My interest in cars and motorsport probably started in 1954 when I was at secondary school in Christchurch and went to Wigram, and witnessed the mighty V16 BRM 'racing'. I joined the VCC in its early days and have been a member on and off since then. My Dad was lover of interesting cars, having owned among other things a Mercedes Benz 190 SL and a Lancia Fulvia 1.3 Rallye S and a whole heap of Jaguars. In turn I have had, among other things...MG TC, MG TF, TR2, XK120C and a whole heap of Jaguars including a 1935 SS1. My interest in Minis started when Angus was competing in rallycross at Mystery creek and that led me to buy the X Rod Collingwood Cooper S in 1984. It was in fairly dilapidated condition, but all there so we restored it and competed in the early days of classic racing. I retired myself and the car in 1994 but after receiving an invite to the Bruce McLaren festival Angus rerestored the car and we have been sharing driving since then. We took it to Skope and Teretonga early this year and had a great time. At 72 I am getting a bit long in the tooth, but still enjoy getting out on the track and doing some skids!!! Gerald.

Steve Holmes
06-20-2011, 01:06 AM
Welcome to the site Gerald, its great to have you here. We'd love for you to create a thread dedicated to your Collingwood Mini, including its early race history, plus its restoration and its time in your ownership. Its a fantastic little car. No doubt you've already seen this neat Mike Feisst photo.