PDA

View Full Version : Introduction - Peter Lucas

Peter Lucas
04-28-2014, 06:47 AM
Hi,

I have been referred here by a friend in Australia as I recently acquired an RT4. I have thoroughly enjoyed reading the thread on Pacific/Atlantic race cars and have just posted something there about the one I have acquired.

I have had a life long interest in cars but am relatively new to racing. I bought a 1997 Lotus Elise in the 2002 and started going to track days in Sydney where I live. One thing led to another and in 2005 I started racing a Lotus in a series over here for Production Sports Cars. The fellow I bought the Lotus from (and who became a friend) was selling as he had bought an RT1 and was moving on to Historic Racing and so it was probably only a matter of time until I followed. I bought the RT4 in 2011 but didn't have my first drive of it until May 2013. This was my first experience of any open wheeler and it is fair to say I am hooked. Since then I have raced it at a couple of Historic meetings (Sandown Nov 2013 and Phillip Island Classic 2014) as well as in a series run here for "Formula Cars" that is mostly comprised of F3 cars from the 1990s and 2000s.

Next outing is at the Sydney Retro Speedfest which is on this weekend 3/4 May at Sydney Motorpsort Park.

Look forward to being part of the community here.

regards

Steve Holmes
04-30-2014, 10:16 PM
Hi there Peter, welcome to The Roaring Season. Its really great to have you here. Would love to see some pics of the RT4. They're absolutely superb cars.