PDA

View Full Version : Graham Donaldson

graham donaldson
04-28-2014, 06:20 PM
I left rotorua in1969 to go racing in the UK.thats is where I met Ken Hyndart,I was luck to work with hands on designers like Eric Broadley ==lola ..Derick bennet == chevro cars..Ron Taurnac == Trojan & Ralt

was going to work with Tony Brise in 1976 on F1 but sadly was on the plane with graham hill & crew
so worked in the USA on different teams in IMSA-indy-F5000-F.atlantic -f2 mexico
now at TRD in the USA on Nascar projects

is great looking at all of the racing down under

khyndart in CA
04-28-2014, 08:20 PM
Graham,
It is great to have you come aboard. Perhaps you can go to my collection and add or change any of my comments
regarding Tony Brise, Sid or Teddy. Your knowledge and experience on this site will be invaluable.
Just remember it is Ken Hyndman who met up with you at Trojan !
Cheers Ken

graham donaldson
04-28-2014, 08:53 PM
oh yes I do have some Sid & Teddy stories !!!!!

graham donaldson
04-29-2014, 01:07 PM
I agree with you so much..the racing in NZ from those days I will never for get. to watch jimmy clark and those drivers race in NZ were great.they started me in the racing and I am lucky to still be in it

Roger Dowding
04-30-2014, 11:05 AM
TRS friends, yep agree so much stuff, and as a very amateur weekend warrior, did track hill and grass in the 70's 80's last run in 1983 at Jag Drivers Petit Le Mans for the Austin Healey Club, enjoy every moment, Steve, Mate, never met you, well could have, it is a great forum, like GH above watched from about 1965 as a teenager to now. plus my few ventures on the track, club circuit [ sadly now gone ] 1976 in a Triumph GT6, then full track including the club loop, left after the start, in a TR4A and finally the 100 Healey in 1983, on the current circuit

Roger Dowding
04-30-2014, 11:08 AM
PS, the Sprite, Woodhill 1975, grasstrack at Tom Grace's farm, just by the forest, was competing against Rob Williams, in his Allard V8, for best sports car, he won, i had fun, well actually scared myself quite a bit at the time

Steve Holmes
04-30-2014, 10:18 PM
Hi there Graham, welcome to The Roaring Season. Its fantastic to have you here. Ken has talked a lot about you! We'll be looking forward to your input.