PDA

View Full Version : 2014 MSNZ AGCM

Racer Rog
05-20-2014, 08:47 PM
Who is going?

Roger

ERC
05-20-2014, 09:00 PM
Don't even know when it is or even where it is Roger!!!

This weekend presumably?

To answer your question. No, not this year. Our time to quit these shores for a while.

Carlo
05-20-2014, 10:15 PM
Who is going?

Roger

Me

Racer Rog
05-20-2014, 11:29 PM
It is in Dunedin Ray, a bit of a haul, and not really easy to get in and out of,except for those of us down here, most will drive, but the flights in and out are not easy and you are payin g off the national debt to get them, but in saying that its a nice city.
Roger.

Kiwiboss
05-21-2014, 12:49 AM
Who is going?

Roger

Was hoping to be there but still hobbling around hence so I haven't booked and as you say Roger, some degree in difficulty flying in and out(well cost anyway) so i'll have to leave it to you to stir them up, LOL

Dale M

Carlo
05-21-2014, 06:37 AM
Sorry you are not going to be there Dale, I was hoping to have a bit of a catch up, never mind will find you at a circuit somewhere. By the way, a return flight from Auckland to Dunedin is a lot less expensive than one from Timaru to anywhere in the North Island.

RogerH
05-21-2014, 10:26 AM
It is in Dunedin Ray, a bit of a haul, and not really easy to get in and out of,except for those of us down here, most will drive, but the flights in and out are not easy and you are paying off the national debt to get them, but in saying that its a nice city.
Roger.

A cynic might think that the current choice of the difficult to get to venue of Dunedin might have something to do with the MSNZ remit which proposes to hold all future AGCMs in Wellington …….

Michael Clark
05-21-2014, 11:08 AM
I will be there - keeping a low profile.

Racer Rog
05-21-2014, 11:13 AM
A cynic might think that the current choice of the difficult to get to venue of Dunedin might have something to do with the MSNZ remit which proposes to hold all future AGCMs in Wellington …….

Hope to see you there Rog? and sorry to miss you Dale, will give you a bell next week.
Roger

RogerH
05-21-2014, 08:53 PM
Hope to see you there Rog?

Yes Roger, I will be there and will no doubt catch up with you. We have a remit in and there are a few questions we will be asking … ;)

Bruce Sollitt
05-21-2014, 10:19 PM
I will be there. It would be good to catch up for a chat Roger. Will be an interesting couple of days I'm sure.

Carlo
05-25-2014, 04:04 AM
Congratulations to all the forum members recognised with awards during the MSNZ awards ceremony last evening.

Michael Clark
05-25-2014, 10:02 AM
Good to meet TRSers I have only previously heard about.

It was a shame Dale couldn't be there in person to receive his well deserved award.

Kiwiboss
05-26-2014, 01:55 AM
Good to meet TRSers I have only previously heard about.

It was a shame Dale couldn't be there in person to receive his well deserved award.

Yes, shame I wasn't there Michael!! Tony(Roberts) did txt me Saturday night late to say I had won this assume trophy for services to Classic motor racing!! much appreciated guys!!

Received a congratulations txt from Angus Fogg and a nice E-mail from Gerald, thanks you two.

Dale M

RacerT
05-26-2014, 05:20 AM
Hi Dale
It was a privilege to collect the Sybil Lupp trophy for you on Saturday night. People were saying a lot of nice things about you, but I put them right. I alluded to your dream and vision of a period correct Muscle Car Class, but didn't mention your bad knee!

You thoroughly deserve the award for your tireless work and the award looks great on my wall. Speaking of tireless work, I bought a set of Hoosiers for the Corvette and have the 15" wheels to put them on. I'll run the car around a handy circuit and see how they compare with the Kumho's I have been running. It should slow the car down. Apparently the exact metric equivalent of the imperial measurement tyres are DOT approved, but the imperial measurement tyre isn't - tell me about it!

Oldfart
05-26-2014, 07:20 AM
I commend all those who received awards.
What I suspect a lot of us would like to know is the nuts and bolts of the meeting. There have been veiled comments elsewhere, how about some informed comment from those who were there?

Carlo
05-26-2014, 07:33 AM
Pretty magic Dale, your peers recognised you as a good bugger.

Racer Rog
05-26-2014, 08:27 AM
What do you want to know, there was a couple of things of minor interest, the COG told both sides of the v8 debacle to get a life and pull their heads in, and a motion to rejig MSNZ was lost, apart from that according to a well known blogger, we were just there for the food and drink, and it was no business as usual and those who were not there can now put their two bobs worth in and say " I told you so, and go on to explain how they could organise MSNZ on the back of a fag packet, so I guess thats it for another year, I will have to lose a bit of weight and get rid of the hang over, so I do it all again, RogerH said its his shout next time, RacerT is listing a old farm on trade me, and Nigel Russell is taking up painting old masters.
Roger
Roger

Racer Rog
05-26-2014, 08:28 AM
What do you want to know, there was a couple of things of minor interest, the COG told both sides of the v8 debacle to get a life and pull their heads in, and a motion to rejig MSNZ was lost, apart from that according to a well known blogger, we were just there for the food and drink, and it was no business as usual and those who were not there can now put their two bobs worth in and say " I told you so, and go on to explain how they could organise MSNZ on the back of a fag packet, so I guess thats it for another year, I will have to lose a bit of weight and get rid of the hang over, so I do it all again, RogerH said its his shout next time, RacerT is listing a old farm on trade me, and Nigel Russell is taking up painting old masters.
Roger
Roger

Jac Mac
05-26-2014, 08:36 PM
Roger
Roger

Guess that means the future of NZ Motorsport hinges on the pending legislation to market cigarettes in 'plain pack' fashion . No help to me as a non-smoker or participant:)

Racer Rog
05-26-2014, 09:20 PM
Yea Jac, must be all smoke and mirrors
Roger

Guess that means the future of NZ Motorsport hinges on the pending legislation to market cigarettes in 'plain pack' fashion . No help to me as a non-smoker or participant:)

rf84
05-27-2014, 04:07 AM
Beats me why, in this day and age, MSNZ can't (or, more to the point, won't) publish a list of remits prior to the AGM and a summary of procedings afterwards. They take large sums of money off competitors in affiliation fees, levies and permit fees yet we have no apparent input into what happens at the AGCM.

Racer Rog
05-27-2014, 04:29 AM
There was a list published, and sent out to all clubs, and one thing that was apparent, they are not taking enough large sums of money off competitors, to be able to match the money which competitors are spending on lawyers to battle with MSNZ, who have to get their lawyers involved so not all wins are at flag fall, and if you wish to start a new class, get a lawyer so in those battles, its the lawyers making the money as usual, and they will always tell you yes you can win this, which is what the other sides lawyer is also saying and who really wins, the bloody lawyers. In terms of income, we are in the shit, and even if the fees are increased which they have too, the sport is still the cheapest place in the world to race, for the level of service that is provided, and there is no other organization here in NZ that can do that

Jac Mac
05-27-2014, 04:52 AM
So get rid of the class's in question that are using the legal system to dispute these issues. Most of the sports lower echelons/branchs are tired of being the whipping post for the current state of affairs let alone the large group of potential spectators that have walked. Of course to do that the officials of MSNZ also need a reality check as well. I wonder how the COGs group actually managed to get a concensus , apparently MSNZ has a fairly substantial interest/shareholding in some of the club owned/operated circuits?, how do they 'for want of better wording on my part' vote on the issue when they essentially have a foot in both camps.

Racer Rog
05-27-2014, 05:46 AM
MSNZ have no share holdings in any clubs or circuits, and the agreement that was reached by the COG, was a bolt out of the blue and took even them by surprise, but I guess if you piss enough people off, you will eventually get a reaction, and it is about bums on seats here at the sharp end, and the dispute between the two factions had spilled over into the area of circuits revenue expectations so were maybe they were forced to act, I know a lot of people just stopped going to some of these meetings, so somthing needed to happen, which it now has, one just hopes that both sides can get their shit together, and front up on a grid again soon.
Roger
So get rid of the class's in question that are using the legal system to dispute these issues. Most of the sports lower echelons/branchs are tired of being the whipping post for the current state of affairs let alone the large group of potential spectators that have walked. Of course to do that the officials of MSNZ also need a reality check as well. I wonder how the COGs group actually managed to get a concensus , apparently MSNZ has a fairly substantial interest/shareholding in some of the club owned/operated circuits?, how do they 'for want of better wording on my part' vote on the issue when they essentially have a foot in both camps.

rf84
05-27-2014, 05:49 AM
In reply to Racer Rog
"There was a list published,and sent out to all clubs". There no doubt was Rog but the particular Club I pay membership fees to does not pass these on to it's members. This is a failing on the part of my Club. I suspect it is the same in most car clubs. I am just saying that since MSNZ have a website, would it not be a good idea for them to publish Remits on that website?
"There is no other organization here in NZ that can do that."
I take it you mean by that statement that there is no other body to administer motorsport? If that is indeed what you intended to say then you are absolutely correct. And therein lies the crux of the problem. MSNZ have tried desperately for many years to protect their monopoly on the administration of car racing. As new classes and new 'forms' of car competition have been introduced (e.g. Sporting Trials cars and the involvement of the Vintage Car Club NZ in speed events) MSNZ has taken the position that, if it involves cars and competition, they have the 'right' to impose their authority over those classes/organisations. I well remember some years ago 2 local competitors having their MANZ racing licences revoked because they had the audacity to go and race at the local speedway (administered by the "rival" ACU!).
When you talk about lawyers and legal battles I assume you are talking about the V8 Supercars?
If the V8 Supercar organisers (or anyone else for that matter) feel MSNZ are not meeting their needs, why should they have to submit to the "bully boy" tactics of MSNZ? And if MSNZ have to resort to legal action to try and impose their authority over a 'rival' group then, yes, it will cost them lots in legal fees. Which of course they will pass on to every sucker who is silly enough to subsidise their megalomania every time they pay their car club annual sub or enter an event.

crunch
06-02-2014, 11:46 AM
I well remember some years ago 2 local competitors having their MANZ racing licences revoked because they had the audacity to go and race at the local speedway (administered by the "rival" ACU!).

Think this might be an urban legend.
MSNZ has no role in Speedway racing in NZ. Plenty of MSNZ members compete in Speedway as well as our events, and no one has ever had licences revoked.

When you talk about lawyers and legal battles I assume you are talking about the V8 Supercars?

No. Quite often it is competitors who want to challenge a ruling made by MSNZ officials, usually technical and sporting related.

to subsidise their megalomania... now I have heard it all!

AAA

crunch
06-02-2014, 11:46 AM
Opps. That's confusing. My answers are within the quote(s) above

rf84
06-02-2014, 09:53 PM
If you read my post Crunch, I was referring to MANZ banning competitors who raced at speedway, not MSNZ. This happened in the early 1970's. I was talking to two of those involved just a day or two ago at the HB Rally "after match" and they confirmed that their MANZ licences were revoked.
In more recent times MSNZ imposed a levy on all competitors to make up a large shortfall they incurred running a race series. If this is not an example of subsidisation what is it?

Carlo
06-02-2014, 11:13 PM
[QUOTE=rf84;41330]If you read my post Crunch, I was referring to MANZ banning competitors who raced at speedway, not MSNZ. This happened in the early 1970's. I was talking to two of those involved just a day or two ago at the HB Rally "after match" and they confirmed that their MANZ licences were revoked.
QUOTE]

Hmmm, don't recall the likes of Steve & Rod Millen, Noel Goodwin, Jim Richards, Ron Kendall just to name
a few of the Auckland group of that period, having any licence difficulties whilst competing in both speedway and MANZ events.
However there were a few that fell foul of the Speedway Board of Control as I think it was called at the time for competing in "black track" speedway events organised by a rival group within the speedway promoters

It could be that these people were competing in these outlaw events and that the Speedway Board pulled their licences and then asked MANZ to abide by their ruling which they would then be bound to do.

I seem to recall that there was a black track out Kumeu way somewhere and again if I recall correctly the disputes between the promoters were settled in a short period of time and all was well once again.

I know that as a competitor I was informed about the ties between Speedway and Motorsport and how the penalties from one organisation rolled over to the other one and that we needed to ensure that we were competing in the correctly approved and licenced events or we could find our rights to competition compromised.

Rod Grimwood
06-02-2014, 11:35 PM
Think Kumeu was only a once off or couple meetings at local trotting track for sprint cars, (and was awesome to watch) and other was MereMere, think our mate Ray Wright was one to play there and fall foul, along with Barry B and others.

rf84
06-03-2014, 12:39 AM
I apologise for "hijacking" this Thread which is titled '2014 AGCM'.
In the (apparent) absence of any information from MSNZ themselves re agenda, remits etc and what subsequently transpired at Council Meeting, can anyone on TRS tell us what happened?
When I looked on the website and searched the site for 'AGCM' the only result was the dates and venue for the 2013( i.e. last year's AGCM)!!!!!!

ERC
06-03-2014, 06:35 AM
Belated congratulations Dale. You have been honoured in the UK...

Kiwiboss
06-03-2014, 11:09 AM
Belated congratulations Dale. You have been honoured in the UK...

Well done Ray :) and as my middle name is "Stephen" its appropriate the below tombstone has an "S" on it, and i notice the left side leg is bent the same side of my recent knee operation!! very well done my friend, LOL

You have fun up north in a warmer climate and on your annual cruse around the Mediterranean :) i'll look after motor-sport down here while you're away :)

Dale M

ERC
06-04-2014, 07:45 PM
To tell the real truth Dale, when I was a babe, my parents lived with Dad's older sister - and me - on that particular Dale Avenue...

I read elsewhere (thanks Deb...) that one of our guys, Bryce Platt, was also honoured by MSNZ. Couldn't have happened to a nicer chap. Nice to see Eric Mallard also honoured.