PDA

View Full Version : 1969 Lotus 61 Formula Ford for sale

johncg
10-20-2014, 01:27 AM
1969 Lotus 61 Formula Ford

See it in action at the SOVREN Columbia River Classic on August 30-31, 2014.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eVQzlQzGVZs

Actively raced on the west coast for the last 12 years since its restoration. Extensive records are available from the restoration including hundreds of photos and notes.

Provenance is well documented including a number of early log books, receipts, photos and the original Hewland case with documented serial number. I also have a detailed letter from the 3rd owner documenting the history of the car. I am the 6th owner.

The car appeared on the cover of Victory Lane magazine (May 2010) and Vintage Racecar magazines. The car has been raced in the following organizations in the last decade: HMSA, HSR-W, CVAR and CSRG, SOVREN, Oregon Region SCCA. The last race run was at the SOVREN Columbia River Classic on Aug 31-Sept 1 where the car placed as high as 6th in class (out of 16) with a novice driver. I plan to continue to run the next season in the Pacific Northwest in case anyone wants to come join me.

I have to say that the car is a blast to drive and is well behaved. It is a good car for someone starting out in vintage Formula Ford or looking to drive a historically significant race car. I have a ton of spares which can be a part of the sale as well.

Specifics
- Ivey prepared head and carb
- Uprated main caps
- Steel crank
- Forged connecting rods
- Blueprinted FF cam
- 8 races since overhaul
- ATL fuel cell
- Safecraft 5 lb Halon system, cockpit & engine nozzles
- Hewland Mk6 Transaxle
- Volvo rubber doughnuts, 3 races
- New Setrab oil cooler
- Removable MOMO steering wheel
- Alignment bars
- 3 blocks, cranks, piston sets, etc
- Spare new Petronix Flame Thrower distributor
- Spare wheel set
- Original Lotus seat
- Original Lotus fuel tank (not installed)
- … and much more.

Price: $17,500
If have any questions, I can be contacted via this email or at jcgreeven@gmail.com.