PDA

View Full Version : Bob Wallace And John Ohlsen

Steve Holmes
12-21-2014, 08:50 PM
Folks, I've had a request from David Rodríguez Sánchez in Spain which maybe someone here can help with? Email as below:

Dear Sir,

I am David Rodríguez, from Spain. I am researching the subject of Mr. Bob Wallace, legendary test driver at Lamborghini, who came from New Zealand into Europe in a trip across the sea in the company of Mr. John Ohlsen.

I am compiling old informations and researching the past the best I can from here, in order to produce a homage booklet to Mr. Bob Wallace, that will be published on spring next year under the umbrella of a club of ex-Lamborghini workers.

I would love to ask you whether you can help me please regarding the days in which both Mr. Ohlsen and Mr. Wallace were involved in the NZ Hot-Rod scene. Perhaps there are photographs of the hot-rod cars that Wallace created in mid-late 50s? He took part also in motocross races even before that.

I have forwarded a similar email to Mr. John Ohlsen's son, asking about possible informations of his father and Wallace common trip into Europe and previous joint ventures. I cross my fingers there are things about them and those days which time didn't take away.

Immense thanks for your kind help and patience.

With my very best regards, d.

David Rodríguez Sánchez