PDA

View Full Version : Looking for some A40 Farina info

Mini.Mad
02-25-2015, 11:37 AM
Hi guys,

We were at Teretonga over the weekend for the 2015 Classic Speedfest, and there was an A40 Farina racing in the pre65s with the number 40 on it. My brother in-law's late father (John Henry) ran an A40 many years ago at Levels which also had the number 40 on it. The one that was racing in pre65s also had the auditing stickers on it from the Canterbury Car Club. Does anyone have any history on this car? We're trying to see if it is the same car. Also if anyone has any old photos of my brother in-law's dad's old A40, it would be awesome to see. It had "Duckhams Farina" on the windscreen

Here is a photo of the pre65s Farina

paul lancaster
02-25-2015, 07:05 PM
This car is owned by pete fitzgibbon, not to sure if this is the ex paul jones car that hed built up, and ran langleys bacon and ham sponsorship.i managed to find jonesys ol a40 in chch, which jonesy bought back, with intentions of racing again, it was painted blackwhen I found it(was cream when jonesy built it).but jonesy ran out of time and sold it.jonesy also bought an ex osca a40 that sat in our back yard for years rusting away

Mini.Mad
02-26-2015, 12:17 AM
I wonder if the ex osca A40 was my brother in-law's father's old one? I can get a photo of it next time I'm at their place, not sure what colour it was as the photo is black and white

paul lancaster
02-26-2015, 05:08 AM
From memory, it was a brown colour, with huge flares, big roll cage, and a few sponsors on it, I used to sit in it when I was a kid, and do lots of 'races',lol.not too sure what happened to it, it was a roller when jonesy had it.

supamouse
02-26-2015, 08:41 AM
I beleive that this car was originally Pat Pascoes and was fitted with a twin cam Ford, running in Osca class B. Pictures of it are in the Marlborough car club archive on face book.

Paul Kirk
03-06-2016, 07:13 AM
Duno if it's Pat's car, Supa, as Pat is still racing his at Skope etc.
PK.

Bill Brown
03-06-2016, 09:01 PM
From memory, it was a brown colour, with huge flares, big roll cage, and a few sponsors on it, I used to sit in it when I was a kid, and do lots of 'races',lol.not too sure what happened to it, it was a roller when jonesy had it.

Paul I am fairly sure that Jonsey on sold the car again to a pre 65 guy in Nelson whos name eludes me, who already had a farina I think that Pauls car just ended up a parts car.

supamouse
03-07-2016, 08:28 AM
Duno if it's Pat's car, Supa, as Pat is still racing his at Skope etc.
PK.
Hi Paul,
Pat still has the ex kerry Grant A 40 with the chopped roof, this one when he bought it was green and had a zephyr motor mid mounted and had been raced at tahuna. This was removed and an ex graham Mc Rae twin cam was fitted in the front again.
Pat had many good races with it against you and your Viva.

bry3500
03-08-2016, 01:27 PM
Paul I am fairly sure that Jonsey on sold the car again to a pre 65 guy in Nelson whos name eludes me, who already had a farina I think that Pauls car just ended up a parts car.

John Wells ran an A40 at Tahunanui back then