PDA

View Full Version : New/Old Chap

chaindrive
03-07-2015, 03:15 AM
Hi All, I'm Tony Lucas.......Getting on a bit (last Lap Board Close!). Had a lifelong interest in old Racing Cars and had the first go at a track in (Don't Laugh) a Bond Equipe 2L GT in the first Sydenham Park Southern 200. Next step was the late 80's when I built up an old CAE style Sprintcar fitted with a 3 spd box for circuit racing. Did a couple of PDL Meets in that but had to sell it - as one does - to pay the bills. Went on to restart the model building hobby with emphasis on NZ. This Forum is superb and many an hour is spent looking at the nostalgiac pics I will probably be more an avid reader than a writer........ Cheers All

Jac Mac
03-10-2015, 08:23 AM
Hi All, I'm Tony Lucas.......Getting on a bit (last Lap Board Close!). Had a lifelong interest in old Racing Cars and had the first go at a track in (Don't Laugh) a Bond Equipe 2L GT in the first Sydenham Park Southern 200. Next step was the late 80's when I built up an old CAE style Sprintcar fitted with a 3 spd box for circuit racing. Did a couple of PDL Meets in that but had to sell it - as one does - to pay the bills. Went on to restart the model building hobby with emphasis on NZ. This Forum is superb and many an hour is spent looking at the nostalgiac pics I will probably be more an avid reader than a writer........ Cheers All

Hi Tony, The CAE sprinter, would that be the same car currently being raced by Paul Coory in the South Island vintage races.

chaindrive
03-10-2015, 08:44 AM
Hi Jac..........That one was originally put together by John Hecker and moved through a couple of hands. I fell in love with that car and had to build one. Mine was painted red/whit/blue to represent the Agajanian car that was the last dirt car top win Indy.

chaindrive
03-10-2015, 11:38 PM
Small version of My Baby !!!!!!! .....and the Coory one.27982

Oldfart
03-12-2015, 02:20 AM
Superb models Tony, I am loving your work

Steve Holmes
03-24-2015, 09:00 PM
Tony, sorry for the belated welcome, but welcome to The Roaring Season! Love having you here, and showing off your awesome model collection.