PDA

View Full Version : THE uncaging of a Tiger

markson
07-22-2015, 08:21 AM
Hi all
As the info on the Markson is slowly but surely grinding along, it gives me a little spare time, to start a new thread, on the recrudesce of a Sunbeam Tiger race car, that is about to be brought back to life.and a little of my history of Sunbeams and my involement with them in general in NZ over the last 45 years. Markson

Roger Dowding
07-23-2015, 08:15 AM
Hi all
As the info on the Markson slowly but surely keeps grinding along, and gives me a little spare time, I thought I would start a new thread on the recrudesce of a Sunbeam Tiger race car, that is about to be brought back to life. Markson

Markson, was the photo taken at a STAR meeting, S-unbeam - T-albot A-lpine R-egister, hence STAR, or have they gone now, were quite big in the 70's.

markson
07-23-2015, 08:46 AM
Yes Roger the photo was taken many years ago.Markson

Tedz
08-06-2015, 05:56 AM
Markson, I had a look over a mk2 tiger body shell today at a mates workshop. Not the one your involved with , is it?
Same owner for over 30yrs, Classic raced in the eighties. Boss 302 powered after the 289 died. Owner has a container business. Nice car and owner.

Cheers Colin.

markson
08-06-2015, 07:18 PM
Hi Colin
Thanks for you post
Yes I do know of the car, its owner is Alan M ??? although I have not seen it for many years
It is or was, a left hand drive car and was once owned by a Ronnie Condon who passed away a few years ago. Markson

Tedz
08-07-2015, 09:01 AM
Yes, that's him. It's good to keep track on these classics and you be pleased to know its getting the resto it deserves.

Cheers.

markson
08-07-2015, 04:18 PM
Good to hear that Colin
I have lots of memories of that car in the hands of Ronnie . Markson