PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Charlie Milner's HB Torana sports sedan

Wayne3011
08-09-2015, 01:52 PM
Hi all,
I am trying to locate the car of a long deceased mate that I believe last raced in the 2000/1 period, last reported at Phillip Island sprint or club day or similar.
The car is a HB Torana sports sedan that was built in the mid 80s with a 6 cylinder mid mounted Holden motor, and raced by Charlie Milner with moderate success.
After Charlie's death in the mid 90s, the car was sold to a racer in Bathurst NSW, and raced around NSW tracks with a SB chev, then possibly a Nissan turbo.
It was then sold back to Victoria in about 2000, and it was the supposedly seen at the Island as mentioned above.
Information suggests it was owned by someone living the the Gippsland Vic area, but nothing has been able to be found about any further location.
Hopefully I have attached a couple of pics of its construction and early life, it is notable due to its brazed chassis and suspension parts, and huge cutouts for the rear wheels, as well as innovative construction techniques (for that time).
I am working in conjunction with Charlie's son to try and obtain some knowledge of the vehicle, and document some record of the vehicle.
Whilst not as well known as the "big guys" there are a number of YouTube films showing it nipping at the heels of the big dollar sports sedans of the 90s.
Any help, or the tiniest bit of information, rumour or conjecture on this vehicle would be gratefully received, and could be very beneficial to both of us.
Thanks in advance, Wayne