PDA

View Full Version : BMC parts sale - Cambridge, Saturday

ERC
11-16-2015, 07:36 AM
Taken from a post on TradeMe. AMCO - might be right up your street - and if they have a Magnette ZA/ZB bonnet, please grab it for me - no objection to some rust!

Glen Horn has been a BMC dismantler in Cambridge for 40 years. One day sale next Saturday run by the Waikato vintage car club ..... starts 8am.. $5 per item as is goes out the gate except for a very few exceptions. Thousands of parts. mini 1100,1300 mg, wolseley morris 1000 etc etc ONE DAY ONLY>>>>don't miss it

5:49 pm, Mon 16 Nov

John McKechnie
11-16-2015, 08:40 AM
Any RH Mini petrol tanks?

Spgeti
11-16-2015, 09:56 AM
Do you want one John ? . I might know where one is. I will check tomorrow for you.

AMCO72
11-16-2015, 06:28 PM
'Thousands of parts' !!!!!!! MILLIONS might be closer. I have known and dealt with Glen for longer than I care to remember. He hasnt dismembered cars for a few years now.......ill health. I really dont know how this is going to go down as there is so much STUFF to sort through. The VCC is going to need an army of guys to supervise the sale........hope they know what they have let themselves in for. Years ago Glen used to export a lot of BMC parts to Japan when he was actively dismantling, but then as he got older, couldnt be bothered lying under old wrecks in the rain, as his joints couldnt take it any longer. Glen will be on hand at the sale to 'identify' the unidentifiable !!!!!!!! I wish him luck......he just needs to be quit of everything so he can move on with his life.

khyndart in CA
11-16-2015, 07:51 PM
Gerald, thanks for your input regarding Glen. I used to make it a point to visit Glen's place whenever I came back. You could not find a place like that over here in the US nowadays, so it was like Mini Heaven for me and Glen would let me poke around for awhile and then sell to me whatever I could fit in my suitcase for a very reasonable price. I am glad he is still around and I hope the sale goes well. I wish I was there, that's for sure.
So thanks Glen, some of your parts e.g. inner trim, door hinges etc are on my 1962 Austin Mini Cooper.
I think it came out looking OK. (Even with Austin America (Austin 1100 ) front seats so I would have headrests )

(Ken Hyndman )