PDA

View Full Version : !958 Australian Grand Prix - Great footage

bry3500
07-17-2011, 05:35 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J3YJXWi5k_E

David McKinney
07-17-2011, 09:59 AM
Nice find, Bry
(Though as the title says, this is the Melbourne GP at Albert Park, not the Australian GP, which had taken place at Bathurst the previous month)

Kiwi Tom Clark peominent in his Supersqualo Ferrari until taken off by Mildren on the first lap

Steve Holmes
07-18-2011, 04:33 AM
Bry, as David has said, nice find! I'm enjoying your threads, and its good to see more Australian stuff coming through. I worry sometimes people look on this as being a New Zealand forum, but I always intended that it be international. Its just a lot of members at this early stage are Kiwi's, so there is a strong NZ flavour. Keep the threads coming. This is really good stuff.

bry3500
07-18-2011, 05:14 AM
thanks Steve..I was born and raised in Christchurch, now living in Melbourne. The Historic scene here is very strong with a lot of great cars and ingenuity. It was the Allcomer saloons at Wigram that really caught my imagination as a kid , the Miller Dauphine Chev, Doyles Breadvan Corvette Anglia etc, and the one off Specials such as the Lycoming, Stanton Bros Cropduster and Tyrell Turtles Continental Special.. Great Website you have started , it has become a daily ritual to check the posts here..

Jackie Clark
10-09-2011, 01:05 AM
Hi Bry - I am Tom Clark's daughter, and I was wondering if you could email me to tell me if there's any way of getting a reproduction of this footage? I know the family would appreciate it. Thankyou.

bry3500
10-09-2011, 04:35 AM
Hi Bry - I am Tom Clark's daughter, and I was wondering if you could email me to tell me if there's any way of getting a reproduction of this footage? I know the family would appreciate it. Thankyou.
Hi Jackie..If you send me a private message with your email details ..I'll see what I can do