PDA

View Full Version : Help! Neville Crichton's HQ 350 Coupe Race Car Lives On! (The Green One Anyway!)

Daryn
07-18-2011, 01:04 AM
Hi all,
New to the forum but had to join when I see the old race photo's coming out, I have read some talk in a couple of posts about the Castrol GTX Production Car Series of the 70's and I am happy and proud to report that the Lina Mint HQ 350 Coupe of Neville Crichtons lives on! (Only Just). I own it! I can't believe I didn't come across this website sooner. I've been searching for information about the car since 2007.
Help needed!
1. If anyone has any colour photo's of the car (Even in the back ground, as Jim Richards was usually in front of him in the XA GT) could you please post them up. I only have black and white ones and I would like to restore her with all the race car signage!
2. If anyone knows the movements of the car after Neville finished with it could you please let me know! I was told by Neville that he raced her from late 72 to about 74 I think, someone may know more? I have been told that Don Scott bought it from Neville but I can't find Don anywhere!!!!. I know Don raced one in 74/75 ish but I thought it was a later model coupe with the bonnet blackouts e.t.c plus I'm sure I have a race program where both Don and Neville are racing 350 coupes in the same race.
Any help would be greatly appreciated!

P.S. Oh sorry to say to all my Kiwi mates, she's back in OZ but I promise I'll take good care of her and restore her to Neville's Race car!:

Steve Holmes
07-18-2011, 07:12 AM
Great to hear this car has survived. It definitely raced during the 1973/74 Castrol GTX series. The championship that season was split into North island rounds and South Island rounds, with a big final at the end, and I thought for some reason Crichton drove it in one Island and Scott drove it in the other. But I could be wrong. I actually wrote an article for an Australian magazine on that series a few years ago, I'll need to search it out.

Just out of interest, was the Monaro ever repainted?

You probably hadn't come across this website sooner because its only been going about 3 months, but is making plenty of progress fortunately.

By the way, I LOVE HQ Monaro's. How did this car come to end up in Australia?

Rod Grimwood
07-18-2011, 07:22 AM
One of the Monaros did a dukes of hazard across the Waikato (river) with a bloke who did not wear shoes.

Steve Holmes
07-18-2011, 07:24 AM
Huh? Got more info Rod?

Daryn
07-18-2011, 08:32 AM
Huh? Got more info Rod?

I think Rod might be talking about the brown one? Is that right Rod? (Thats why I put the Green One Anyway, in my post) So the story goes Steve...Neville started one of the early seasons (possibly 72) with a brown 350 HQ Coupe(Which I have a picture of, Car 22). His Mechanic at the time, which I won't name but most of you probably know him, drove the car home after a series meet at Levin (Apprently it was common to just drive it home!). Well on the way home it ended up in a lake, I don't know how it happened but I know that it was written off. Neville desperate to get hold of another original production HQ 350 Coupe (Like they grew on trees with only 206 manual coupe cars produced 71 - 74), bought mine from a guy that used to use it for hill climbing.
Do you want me to post up the black and whites I have?

Steve Holmes
07-18-2011, 08:40 AM
Yes please I'd love to see the photos you have. So is this Crichtons first car?

Daryn
07-18-2011, 08:59 AM
Steve, I sanded a bit of the paint back a fair while ago, looking for signs of the sign writing, When I bought it, it was brown and looked like it had been done with a spray can!! It was registered as a Silver car and there is browns and yellows and all sorts of colours under that top coat. I sure wish sometimes she could talk! there would be all sorts of stories in there.

As for ending up in OZ, I bought it from an NZ website and shipped her over. It's nothing pretty but the body is actually not to bad and is certainly restorable. As I can't afford to fix it to original 350 specs (As this car is rare enough being an 81837) I decided to start chasing down the history. After two years of trying to track the car back (I'm surprised I hadn't e-mailed you in that time) I eventually found it to be the Crichton Monaro from the owner before Neville (Another long story).
Imagine the excitement, finding out the car you bought was an ex racer. It was only for the fact that I went to alot of effort to try to find the cars history that I stumbled across it. I have a huge respect for a cars pedigree, certainly the rare ones. Basically this car found me, I was looking for SS Torana parts over your way at the time and I don't even know why but I did a search on 81837 and found her. I remember it being very strange that I found the car. The guy that I bought it from had no idea what he had, nor probably the previous 8 or so owners! Go figure!!

Daryn
07-18-2011, 09:08 AM
Well I'll be damned, That would explain the dark brown on about paint layer number three! That is the same registration number in the photo's of the Lina Mint car. (Would they have transfered rego's back then for any reason)?
This doesn't add up, This must be the next owner after Neville had the car, It's been painted in the 73/74GTS Stripes. Do you know the year this was taken?
Does anyone recognise who is driving?

Jac Mac
07-18-2011, 09:31 AM
Quick Question, does/did your car have hard plastic bushes in the lower front A-Arms as opposed to the original holden rubber versions?

Daryn
07-18-2011, 09:42 AM
Quick Question, does/did your car have hard plastic bushes in the lower front A-Arms as opposed to the original holden rubber versions?

Can't remember I've had her under a tarp for about 2 years now, off the top of my head it is fitted with red nolethain (spelt something like that) bushes but I'd say it's been done post racing, Looking closely at the photo's.....What colour does the back seat look like?

Steve Holmes
07-18-2011, 08:27 PM
Well I'll be damned, That would explain the dark brown on about paint layer number three! That is the same registration number in the photo's of the Lina Mint car. (Would they have transfered rego's back then for any reason)?
This doesn't add up, This must be the next owner after Neville had the car, It's been painted in the 73/74GTS Stripes. Do you know the year this was taken?
Does anyone recognise who is driving?

Hey isn't that interesting! I hadn't noticed the matching licence plates before! There would be no reason for them to swap the licence plates that I can think of, so thats almost certainly the same car as the green car Crichton raced the previous season. These two photos were taken during the 1974/75 season, so its definitely one year later than when the car was green. I'd say they just painted it. Quite why they thought it would be a good idea to cover up the lime green paint with poo-brown and yellow stripes God only knows, but this was the '70s! Note that the Team McMillen Jim Richards XA GT Falcon is painted white, it was blue the season before.

I'm pretty certain that isn't Crichton driving. The helmet is a dark colour half-face helmet, and Crichton raced with a white full-face helmet.

Going through magazines during the 1973/74 season when the Monaro was green, I haven't found any photos yet of Don Scott driving a Monaro, but on at least one occasion in the race reviews Don Scott has been mentioned driving a green Monaro. Eg, at the Castrol GTX round at Ruapuna in the South Island, the Motorman magazine review says "had Don Scott in the green Monaro breaking the Ford domination of this class" It seems Crichton raced the car in the North Island, Don Scott in the South Island.

By the way, the photos above were taken by Steve Twist, an ex-pat Kiwi now living in Delaware. Steve sent me a couple of cd's of photos he took during the 60s and 70s, and I posted them on this site for everyone to enjoy. Those Castrol GTX shots appeared in part 2, which can be found here: http://www.theroaringseason.com/showthread.php?90-The-Steve-Twist-Collection-Part-2

Steve Holmes
07-18-2011, 08:31 PM
This is the only colour shot I have seen of your Monaro. The sun is reflecting off the windscreen so you can't see the driver, but I'd guess it would be Crichton behind the wheel, as this was taken at Bay Park in the North Island. Note that the Jim Richards Team McMillen Falcon on the left of shot is blue here. Thats how you know this is the 1973/74 season.

Steve Holmes
07-18-2011, 08:49 PM
This scan was taken from the January 1974 issue of Autonews. Note that Crichton is wearing a white full-face helmet. The caption at the bottom says Crichton could appear in a modified saloon for the 1974/75 season. In fact he did race a '70 Camaro during that 75/76 season, though not in Castrol GTX.

Steve Holmes
07-18-2011, 08:52 PM
Oh, one more thing. If you look at the article I wrote on the GTX series in AMC, and flick to page 96, you'll see a photo of Jim Richards talking to Rod Coppins on the grid at Levin. Further down the grid you can see the nose of a Monaro. I'm pretty sure this must be Crichtons first car. It doesn't have the stripes.

Daryn
07-19-2011, 12:22 AM
Hey Steve,
I've sent you a PM, need help to get my photo's on. It's all on one PDF file that is to big.

Steve Holmes
07-19-2011, 02:43 AM
OK, I have some more info for you. And it looks like you are correct. Both Neville Crichton and Don Scott raced HQ Monaros in the 1973/74 Castrol GTX championship. And it seems they raced separate cars, as I've found two race reviews where they're both in the same race. What makes things confusing is that both cars appear to be green. That is, I have found a separate review in which Scott is racing his Monaro and the review says its green.

Now, to confuse matters even more, the above photo of the poo-brown in the 1974/75 season Monaro is Don Scott. He was sponsored by Splashe Soft Drinks. Crichton didn't race in the 1974/75 GTX series.

And here is what else I found. The photo posted below that Brett (faminz) posted on the Monaro thread, this is also Don Scott. This photo was taken at (I think) Manfeild, in mid-1975. This would be after the second season of the Monaro being raced in the GTX series. This photo was taken during a production endurance race which was part of what was called the Winter Production Series. Scott teamed up with Brian Green in the Monaro at Manfield and Pukekohe and they were also entered for another round but had engine failure and were scratched. There was at least two other rounds and Peter Brock was sent across to compete at two of them in the L34 Torana he won Bathurst with in 1975.

The rules for the Winter Production Series seem to have been based loosely on Australian Group C rules, and were quite similar to the rules that the Castrol GTX series would adopt for the next two seasons, where the Z28 Camaros and Rod Coppins' L34 Torana all raced. This would be why the Monaro was fitted with the wider wheels and rollcage. Craig Pulman Engines was only the sponsor. He didn't race the car from what I can determine.

So here is what I think could be the story. Neville Crichton and Don Scott both raced HQ Monaros in the 1973/74 Castrol GTX series. Crichtons car was always faster, so Scott bought the car off him either late in the '74 season, or following the conclusion of the season. He then painted it poo-brown with the yellow stripes and raced it throughout the 1974/75 Castrol GTX series, with Splashe Soft Drinks sponsorship. Perhaps it was a requirement of the sponsor that the car be brown???

Following the conclusion of the '75 GTX, the car was modified slightly with the wider wheels and rollcage, and raced in the Winter Production Series, as it appears it was not raced in the GTX again. Also, it looks like the car was repainted a lighter colour in the photos of it during the Winter production Series, as this definitely doesn't look like dark brown, even though its a b/w photo. Hense the reason you found green, brown, green paint on the car perhaps?

One more thing, Don Scott was from Palmerston North, which is probably how he knew Brian Green, as Green is also from Palm Nth. Green has done rallying for many years.

How does that sound?

Steve Holmes
07-19-2011, 03:57 AM
Daryn, the first thing I'd be doing is pulling up the carpets slightly to see if there is any evidence of a rollcage having ever been fit.

Daryn
07-19-2011, 07:29 AM
Daryn, the first thing I'd be doing is pulling up the carpets slightly to see if there is any evidence of a rollcage having ever been fit.

There aren't any carpets in it (Basically a rolling shell) and yes it's had a roll cage in it previously.

Daryn
07-19-2011, 08:52 AM
Steve, I'm confused as hell. I have a picture of Don Scott in a Splashe drink advert, with a HQ 350 Monaro, it's a B/W photo but the car is number 19, has what look like Jelly Bean mags with fats on it and of all things, it has a vinyl roof!!!!!!
I have a family member with a scanner so I'm going to borrow it and keep this thread going cause I want to get to the bottom of this! I'll scan some bits and pieces and get them on the thread, see if we can work this out? Where are you Don Scott?

Steve Holmes
07-19-2011, 09:04 AM
Hmm, this is proving quite challenging. Can you scan the photo and post it here? By any chance does it have a strip of trim running down the side? Steve Dymond raced a Monaro in the South Island that had a vinyl roof around 1975 ish. I wonder if he bought Don Scotts first car?

Rod Grimwood
07-19-2011, 09:08 AM
Just to help with the confusion, there was a PINK Monaro with Woolworths written on it also in this mix, may be some how somebody needs to make contact with Jandels he may know a little bit about these cars. (think i have phone number)
I have talked with Lyall from Lyalls carpainters fame and he said he remembers painting all sorts of cars back then, he painted a couple of Monaros but can not pin point the exact colours etc. Remember this is a while back.

Daryn
07-19-2011, 01:45 PM
[QUOTE=Rod Grimwood;2870]Just to help with the confusion, there was a PINK Monaro with Woolworths written on it also in this mix, may be some how somebody needs to make contact with Jandels he may know a little bit about these cars. (think i have phone number)
QUOTE]

Hey Rod, If you could get in contact with him or pass on his details that would be great.

Daryn
07-19-2011, 02:05 PM
Here you go Steve, No number plate.

Steve Holmes
07-19-2011, 08:16 PM
The December 12 1975 issue of Motoraction magazine shows a photo of Steve Dymond driving a very similar Monaro to the one in your ad Daryn. It has the dark vinyl roof and the trip along the bottom of the bodywork, plus the kidneybean mags. Up until the previous season, Dymond had been racing an earlier HT Monaro. My guess would be that he purchased the first Don Scott Monaro that Scott had raced during the 1973/74 GTX season, when Scott bought the Crichton car. The car pictured in your ad must be this car. I bet its green too, just to confuse things even more.

Also, if you're after memorabilia, Kiwi writer and artist Tim Chadwick released a book around 10 years ago in which he'd painted pictures of various different NZ racing saloons. And I'm sure your Monaro is in the book, from when Crichton had it. I could be wrong, and hopefully another member can jump in here and confirm or deny this before you go looking for a copy of it.

Steve Holmes
07-19-2011, 08:27 PM
You must have quite a rare beast there, because there really weren't many HQ Monaro's that were circuit raced in period, and yours and Bob Janes are the only two I can think of that are known to exist.

There is the Pete Geoghegan Monaro that appears in this clip: http://www.theroaringseason.com/showthread.php?148-1976-Australian-Sports-Sedans

This car raced most of its life as an HQ, but it was originally built as an HJ (from an HQ shell), because it debuted in 1975, and the HJ was the current model then. CAMS made the team switch to the HQ nose from 1976, otherwise they couldn't run the Chevy motor, because the HJ wasn't available with the Chev. And when it gets restored, it'll be restored back to an HJ. There was another HQ Monaro sports sedan that was raced by Gordon Stephenson and Peter Finch. I think it spent some time in WA. Not sure what happened to this car though.

Greg Stokes
07-19-2011, 08:56 PM
Chris Ganley worked at Pulmans for years - he now owns:
Track Sport Engines Limited
Unit 6, 4 Markedo Pl, Papakura, Auckland
09 299 2940

Daryn
07-20-2011, 12:37 AM
The December 12 1975 issue of Motoraction magazine shows a photo of Steve Dymond driving a very similar Monaro to the one in your ad Daryn. It has the dark vinyl roof and the trip along the bottom of the bodywork, plus the kidneybean mags. Up until the previous season, Dymond had been racing an earlier HT Monaro. My guess would be that he purchased the first Don Scott Monaro that Scott had raced during the 1973/74 GTX season, when Scott bought the Crichton car. The car pictured in your ad must be this car. I bet its green too, just to confuse things even more.

Also, if you're after memorabilia, Kiwi writer and artist Tim Chadwick released a book around 10 years ago in which he'd painted pictures of various different NZ racing saloons. And I'm sure your Monaro is in the book, from when Crichton had it. I could be wrong, and hopefully another member can jump in here and confirm or deny this before you go looking for a copy of it.

Mate I'm definitely after any memorabilia to do with my car, especially if it's in colour! I'll go hunting for the book! I reckon you're right, Can you scan the Steve Dymand car in for me, I've borrowed a scanner so I'll scan all my images I have. I have one of the Dymand car in October 75 but its not a very good scan and it's front on only.

Daryn
07-20-2011, 12:39 AM
Chris Ganley worked at Pulmans for years - he now owns:
Track Sport Engines Limited
Unit 6, 4 Markedo Pl, Papakura, Auckland
09 299 2940

Thanks Greg

Daryn
07-20-2011, 12:46 AM
This is the only one I have of the Steve Dymand Car. To hard to identify, it's the best scan of it I can do!

Daryn
07-20-2011, 01:11 AM
Here are the photo's I have of the Crichton car!

Shano
07-20-2011, 01:47 AM
Far out that driver's going for broke. Perhaps thinking he's on the stock car track. Is that Croaky driving?

Daryn
07-20-2011, 01:53 AM
Far out that driver's going for broke. Perhaps thinking he's on the stock car track. Is that Croaky driving?

Yep thats Croaky driving, he gave the GT's Hell.

Daryn
07-24-2011, 01:55 AM
Hey Steve,
Is this the Book by Tim Chadwick your talking about? is there any chance you could scan and post up any decent picture of the Dymand car or e-mail them to me, I'd really like to study the photo against the advert I have. Thanks.

Daryn
07-24-2011, 02:25 AM
Actually I've just found another one called The classic years. Does anyone out there have either of these books?

Steve Holmes
07-24-2011, 04:52 AM
Yep sure Daryn I'll scan and post that. Its from Motoraction mag which was printed on newsprint, so the result is always pretty grainy.

No thats not the book. The one I'm referring to is full of paintings done by Chadwick. I can't remember what its called exactly, will try and find out.

pallmall
07-24-2011, 05:05 AM
The paintings one is The Classic Years. "Saloon Car Racing in NZ The Classic Years"
Small painting on P41 of Chrichton's car in 1974. I can't see it helping in the search for info much.

Was there anything in "Holden- A Kiwi Passion" ? I think The Warehouse still have these going cheap.

Steve Holmes
07-26-2011, 02:05 AM
I think its really that he just wants to collect as much related material as he can about the car Gavin.

Daryn
07-26-2011, 11:17 AM
Yeah you're right Steve, I just want as much and anything at all about the car!
This was the promo on trademe.com about the "Holden- A Kiwi Passion" Pallmall is referring to:

"From the immortal FX & FJ models right through to the latest V8 powered Commodore cars & utes, Kiwi Holden fans are passionate followers of the brand.
NZ has produced its fair share of top Holden race drivers, from the early pioneering efforts of drivers such as Graham Harvey (FJ), Ralph Emson (EH) & David Slater in the Manthel Motors X2, right through the early Monaro era, featuring Jim Palmer, Jim Richards & Neville Chricton & on into the 21st race-winning territory held by legends such as Greg Murphy & Jason Richards."

I think I'll buy both books anyway as it does mention Neville Crichton and Monaro in the same sentence.

Steve Holmes
08-09-2011, 03:05 AM
Sorry for the delay on these. OK, here is the shot I promised of Steve Dymand in his HQ Monaro, which which I think is Don Scotts first car. This photo is from the December 1975 issue of MotorAction mag.

Steve Holmes
08-09-2011, 03:11 AM
These are from the 1975 Villa Maria endurance race at Manfeild. The Monaro (shown on the second row in the first shot) led the race briefly at the halfway mark, and was running 3rd with three laps to run when the magneto worked itself free, twisted around, and ripped the spark plus leads off!

Steve Holmes
08-09-2011, 03:15 AM
This is from the second round of the 1975 winter series (the Manfeild race was the first round). This race was sponsored by Rod Coppins Motors. This time the Monaro was battling for 3rd until a lengthy delay in the pits dropped the team right back. They finished 10th at the end.

Sorry about the quality of these scans. Newsprint doesn't scan very well on my scanner.

Rod Grimwood
08-09-2011, 08:43 AM
Villa Maria at Manfield was a classic, Rod Millen lead them all out of first corner in his rally RX3 but as it dried the grunt of the bigger cars took over. Coppins had the same Bourban sponsor as Millen as Coppins had just done Bathurst and Millen the Southern Cross Rally at same time in Aussie. Not alot of the bourban came back through customs after we all caught up in Sydney on way home.

Steve Holmes
08-09-2011, 09:21 AM
Brilliant Rod!

Rod Grimwood
10-17-2011, 05:59 AM
Correction Rod Coppins had Southern Comfort and Rod Millen had Kentucky Bourban sponsoship. It was very dangerous.
Just spent a few hours with Jandels as he was up here scrutineering the rally cars. The brown Monaro was the car he did the Dukes of Hazard on the Waikato River on way back from Levin. It ended up as the Jerry Clayton Sidchrome Monaro that Jim Richards campaigned around the speedway tracks for a while. Steve Millen drove it when Jim shifted to Aussie. I posted a bit about this on the speedway thread and Jandels confirmed it on weekend.

Steve Holmes
10-18-2011, 12:44 AM
Thanks for that info Rod. I didn't know that was the same car that became the Clayton Motors speedway car!

tonttu
11-06-2011, 09:43 AM
Here is the Don Scott car at the GTX (final?) round at Ruapuna May 1974.

Slightly clearer photo of the Dymond Monaro at the wet/dry November 1975 Ruapuna meeting (Firestone Series Production). Dymond won the wet race.

And again Dymond leading Stuthridge in the dry race until the XU-1 got passed to win. Sort of counter intuitive really you'd have thought the XU-1 would have had the legs in the wet and the Monaro in the dry but not on this day.

Steve Holmes
11-08-2011, 12:41 AM
Tonttu, these are great shots! Thanks for sharing. You seem to have some real gold in your collection. Can you recall what colours these two cars were?

Daryn
11-23-2011, 08:30 AM
Awesome photo's. thanks to all! Okay I spoke to Craig Pulman about the Don Scott car he sponsored and he told me the car was yellow. Low and behold there is a layer of yellow paint after rubbing back the roof pillar. After looking at Tonttu's pictures above I'm pretty sure that the later Group C style Don Scott car is Neville's old car as per above.

Steve Holmes
11-24-2011, 12:26 AM
It sounds like you have a car with some pretty impressive racing history Daryn! Bloody cool. I agree, it does seem like the same car right the way through. I'm hoping more photos surface in its different guises, and some colour ones would be neat!

Steve Holmes
11-26-2011, 05:31 AM
Here you go Daryn, Warwick Clayton sent me this photo. Note the rego number. Same as the green Crichton car and the brown car shown early in the thread.

Daryn
11-27-2011, 01:26 AM
Thanks Steve, Great to see more and more photo's surfacing. :) Does Warwick remember the colour by any chance? Craig told me it was yellow for the car he sponsored.

Daryn
11-30-2011, 12:22 PM
Steve, looking at the Craig Pulman sponsored 1975 winter series car and the last photo you put up, I would say that theses car are one and the same for sure. What do you think?

Steve Holmes
12-01-2011, 02:26 AM
Yep, I would say thats the same car for sure Daryn. And if you looking at the number plate on the car, you can see its the same number plate as on Crichtons Monaro when it was green and racing in the GTX series in 1973/74, and on Don Scotts Monaro when it was brown and racing in the 1974/75 GTX series. So how cool is that! You now have the history of your car from 1973 - 1975, and you know it ran two seasons of GTX racing, and was then modified for the 1975 Winter Endurance seires, and even got to race against Peter Brocks 1975 Bathurst winning Torana L34!

Daryn
12-02-2011, 06:52 AM
Yep, I would say thats the same car for sure Daryn. And if you looking at the number plate on the car, you can see its the same number plate as on Crichtons Monaro when it was green and racing in the GTX series in 1973/74, and on Don Scotts Monaro when it was brown and racing in the 1974/75 GTX series. So how cool is that! You now have the history of your car from 1973 - 1975, and you know it ran two seasons of GTX racing, and was then modified for the 1975 Winter Endurance seires, and even got to race against Peter Brocks 1975 Bathurst winning Torana L34!

Steve is there any chance you could ask Warwick if he remembers the colour of the car in the shot he sent you?

Steve Holmes
12-08-2011, 09:20 PM
Hey Daryn, yeah I did email him a couple of times, but haven't had a reply. I'll keep trying.

Steve Holmes
03-18-2012, 06:33 AM
I just found out my father actually went to school with Don Scott, they're the same age. Scotts family owned Splashe soft drinks, hence the sponsorship.

Daryn
11-20-2012, 11:57 AM
I just found out my father actually went to school with Don Scott, they're the same age. Scotts family owned Splashe soft drinks, hence the sponsorship.

Hi Steve, I still can't find Don Scott, don't have any other suggestions do you?:confused:

J42E48
11-21-2012, 07:59 AM
Interesting thread.

Crichton obviously liked his lime green cars as I own a lime green E48 Charger which he ordered from new.

Daryn
11-21-2012, 12:54 PM
Interesting thread.

Crichton obviously liked his lime green cars as I own a lime green E48 Charger which he ordered from new.

Yeah probably, He certainly like to push the car to it's limit by the looks of mine, that's for sure!

Steve Holmes
11-22-2012, 04:05 AM
Daryn, did you see the article in Australian Muscle Car mag on the 1975 NZ Winter Endurance Series recently?

Daryn
11-22-2012, 04:58 AM
Daryn, did you see the article in Australian Muscle Car mag on the 1975 NZ Winter Endurance Series recently?

Hey Steve, Yeah mate, awesome job by the way! Put a smile on my face reading that one!:)

Linz
09-14-2013, 05:02 AM
Hey Daryn, I know the feeling. There is a lot of information on this site and helpful people.
I discovered my 350 Monaro had been raced in the Castrol GTX Production Car Series, I knew it has some racing history when I bought it, But found a lot more information on this site and confirmed it was a HT 350 .