PDA

View Full Version : G'day all!

Snoozin
07-23-2011, 11:43 PM
Hi folks,

Been lurking/browsing for a while since I registered... I love the look of this board so I really ought to chuck up an introduction.

I'm Richy, 28 and even though the bulk of historical motorsport being discussed here is well before my time I'm still immensely fascinated with it... some real 'golden era' type stuff, I wish I had been around to witness some of the iconic Kiwi race cars of the 60's and 70's in the metal!

I grew up around classic racing in Manawatu - some of my fondest motorsport memories revolve around Whittakers classic events which I attended religiously while living in Palmy - also a regular at the Intermarque Sprint series several years ago with a few members of my extended family who were heavily involved with Alfa Romeo's at the time. To the extent that my first car as a 17 year old was an Alfasud Ti.

Nowadays I try to get to as many events as I can, and snap a few photos here and there... have recently moved to Auckland so I'm finding I'm spoilt for choice!

Unfortunately I don't race or even have a car worthwhile of competition... I just blat around places in the vehicle below:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v235/SnoozinEuro/Trumpy%202500%20PI/StayClassyPic.jpg

The extent of my sharing will likely be shots from stuff I have attended, otherwise I'll silently observe and soak up the knowledge and fantastic historic photographs that are being posted here.

Thanks for creating a great community!

Cheers,

Rich

Steve Holmes
07-24-2011, 04:54 AM
Hi there Rich, welcome to the site, its great to have you here. Thats a really great photo you've posted!