PDA

View Full Version : Delays in replies appearing

Terry S
08-15-2018, 06:35 AM
Is it just me or do others experience long delays in their replies appearing on threads?

It seems at least two hours often.

On other forums such as TNF and ten tenths the appearance is almost instant.

Could it be because I am across the ditch?

Sometimes I wonder if I have done it correctly.

Neville Milne
08-15-2018, 04:25 PM
No troubles from US postings, my replies appear instantly

Roger Dowding
08-15-2018, 09:15 PM
Is it just me or do others experience long delays in their replies appearing on threads?

It seems at least two hours often.

On other forums such as TNF and ten tenths the appearance is almost instant.

Could it be because I am across the ditch?

Sometimes I wonder if I have done it correctly.

Terry S, never had a problem in Australia and not now back in NZ - sometimes is a bit slow because of Internet access - my Wifi can be slow and am using a 10 year old laptop
Just keep plugging away !!.
As an idea - sometimes when you have posted - close out of TRS and re-open it - to check your posts.

Cheers

Roger D

Terry S
08-15-2018, 11:52 PM
Terry S, never had a problem in Australia and not now back in NZ - sometimes is a bit slow because of Internet access - my Wifi can be slow and am using a 10 year old laptop
Just keep plugging away !!.
As an idea - sometimes when you have posted - close out of TRS and re-open it - to check your posts.

Cheers

Roger D

Thanks Roger, it is just frustrating, but I guess I'll have to live with it

Terry

Alan Hyndman
08-17-2018, 01:24 AM
Be happy you even can log in Terry.

Holy crap, I can log in again! I don't think I'm the only one who has that problem - I just assume performance issues are because the site is so overwhelmed with excellent images.

In case I don't get the opportunity again for a while, someone on another thread was asking about the location of the ex-Murray Baber MGBGT V8. John Gray of Wanganui/Whanganui has owned it for a few years but had it for sale on Trade Me a week or two back (not that I can find it now).

Spgeti
08-17-2018, 01:53 AM
Be happy you even can log in Terry.

Holy crap, I can log in again! I don't think I'm the only one who has that problem - I just assume performance issues are because the site is so overwhelmed with excellent images.

In case I don't get the opportunity again for a while, someone on another thread was asking about the location of the ex-Murray Baber MGBGT V8. John Gray of Wanganui/Whanganui has owned it for a few years but had it for sale on Trade Me a week or two back (not that I can find it now).

I think that’s the MGBGT V8 advertised on TM under competion cars.

Cheers

ERC
08-17-2018, 04:19 AM
I can confirm that the MGB V8 on TradeMe is indeed the ex-Murray Baber car. It used to run with us as #107, but never with a front number plate.

The transporter trailer that I bought from Geoff Bonham (and his MGB which is now back with me again) was I think, built by By'Gone, for Murray's car.

Terry S
08-21-2018, 03:21 AM
I can confirm that the MGB V8 on TradeMe is indeed the ex-Murray Baber car. It used to run with us as #107, but never with a front number plate.

The transporter trailer that I bought from Geoff Bonham (and his MGB which is now back with me again) was I think, built by By'Gone, for Murray's car.

What has this got to do with the thread title?

Paul Wilkinson
08-21-2018, 05:50 AM
For what it's worth, I've had trouble with replies not appearing for a while and also with the forum summary not always accurately listing the latest posting, i.e the list shows a post as the most recent but when you click through, there are more recent postings. Also huge troubles logging in and regular trouble accessing the site in general.

Roger Dowding
08-21-2018, 05:54 AM
What has this got to do with the thread title?

Terry S - Sh**appens .. people cross there / their ?? stories up.. and now for a photo !!

Don't deal with these guys ??

P S hope that your access from across the ditch is now better !!