PDA

View Full Version : Hi All

TonyG
08-11-2011, 01:33 AM
My name is Tony Growden, 49 yrs old and I grew up at Buckland, near the Pukekohe Raceway. I remember sitting on the roof of the house and watching the cars come down to the hairpin when I was too young to go by myself.
My older brother took me to most meetings at Pukekohe, Baypark, Waikaraka Park Stockcars, Western Springs, Forest Lake and Rotorua Stocks before I could drive.
The articles on here are fantastic and filled with so much history and memories for me. I look forward to reading and seeing more.
My one regret in leaving NZ and coming to Australia is leaving all my videos, tapes and photographs behind from all these tracks I mentioned above. Unfortunately when my mother moved house after dad died, they were thrown out.
Loved seeing the pictures of the Rhubarb sports cars. They were absolutely beautiful and I think I do still have a B&W shot of one here with me somewhere.
They are having the 50th Anniversary Touring Car meet at Lakeside this weekend and I am frantically trying to shake off the flu so I can go and relive some of my memories of cars I saw growing up at home.

Steve Holmes
08-11-2011, 04:44 AM
Hi there Tony, welcome to The Roaring Season. Its great to have you here. Sorry to hear you've picked up the flu, hopefully you'll shake it by the weekend. If you make Lakeside, be sure to take plenty of pics and post them in the General Discussion forum for us all to see.

TonyG
08-11-2011, 06:50 AM
Thank you Steve. I will do that.