PDA

View Full Version : Hi All

Peter Nelson
08-18-2011, 01:05 AM
What a great forum and web site, well done to all. It has been enjoyable to read the articles and view the photos of all the old big banger racing cars from the 80's and early 90's too, when I mostly remember them.

I am a race fan who spent many years at Baypark, Pukekohe and Manfield, watching the racing and taking lots of pics, which I will have to hunt out and scan to post soon.

With a number of cars being restored, up and running again, the question I had was around the racing, are we going to see the cars all racing again? I read that there is historic muscle cars coming this year too. I wold really appreciate updates from people in the know, of where these cars can be seen going again ( if at all etc ). The restored Algie alfetta, The Nazer victor, The Addis charger, The Freeth/Crowe starlets, The Leckie capri, The Richards mustang, The Huxford capri, and any other big bangers from that time of course would be great to see again, Is there a club or association? Cheers.

Steve Holmes
08-18-2011, 07:01 AM
Hi there Peter, welcome to The Roaring Season, its great to have you here. Re your questions about the above cars, well, where do we start. I'd say keep following the thread on the OSCA reunion created by Evan Munt (Munty). Those guys have done a phenomenal job bringing together a very good selection of those cars.