PDA

View Full Version : Video for the day...1960s British GT and Sports Cars Racing

khyndart in CA
02-08-2024, 09:53 AM
On another wet California day it was an enjoyable break for me to be able to kick back and look back at some of the racing at various circuits around England including great in car camera driving near the end. (Not sure of the circuit ?)
Enjoy on Full screen! Click on Watch on YouTube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W8PyW20lFC4

Ken H.

Roger Dowding
02-09-2024, 05:02 AM
Will have a good look,
meanwhile " It is Hot, Darned Hot, Hotter than a Snakes A*** in a Wagon Rut " according to Robin Williams - Good Morning Vietnam.
Well not quite but a few 30 - 31 and even a 32 degree C days in the Bay of Heat.

Cheers Ken H,

Roger

khyndart in CA
03-12-2024, 07:54 AM
Quote from a previous viewer of this clip;
"Brilliant 60s footage. I was there the day the Chaparral 2F won, so brings back some great memories. And I like the 'Director's Cut', too. But the modern-day Elan battle at Oulton - absolutely disgusting driving by the guy in front in the Ian Walker-livery Elan! It's a historic race man, you're not fighting for the World Championship...get a grip! There would've been a coming together if the driver in the chasing car hadn't lifted a few times, I think he showed marvelous restraint and eventually put the other driver in their rightful place through skill not dirty driving..."

(Ken H )
I had never heard of the Rufford Circuit before watching this.

ERC
03-12-2024, 09:04 AM
I look forward to watching it later. A golden time for racing!