PDA

View Full Version : Hello

SPS
10-28-2011, 12:32 PM
My name is Warren Davis.I have been reading you site for a few months and have enjoyed the content and topics.Originally from Hamilton, now based on the Gold Coast.I have afew projects in the shed but one I would hope to get some info and photos of is a VK / VL group A Commodore.I was Built new by Roadways for Grahame Bowkett in 85 as the Red Sleepyhead car that won the NZTCC that season.It was then purchased by John Billington and Chris Castle and ran as a VK then a VL to about 90 where Dave Barrow purchased to run in Group A and Sport sedan events.It had a number of owners after that before I purchased the car back in 2006.I am currently in the process of restoring the car back to it Group A spec.Any info and Photos would be greatlly Appiciated .
I will keep reading the interesting post and add some input as i can.

Regards
Warren

Steve Holmes
10-29-2011, 02:40 AM
Hi there Warren, good to see you finally posting! You must be Rogers brother? I got an email from him the other day.

I hope you start a thread dedicated to that Sleepyhead Commodore. That was a very good race car, which in my opinion Bowkett didn't race for long enough. I think he must have sold it early in 1986? Really a neat car. I have a couple of photos of it in its original guise, ie, prior to the Group A front and rear spoilers as it raced in 1985.

SPS
10-29-2011, 11:02 AM
Hi Steve.The site is a real credit to you.Growing by the day.Yes Roger Is my brother.I dont have a great deal of picture from the group A era but do have a good Knowledge and lots of programs etc.The last time Bowkett drove the car was the 86 Nissan Mobil at Puke when Wayne Wilkinson crash it heavily over the Hill in Practice.Feel free to contact me if I can help with your article.Any pics would be greatly apricated

Steve Holmes
10-29-2011, 11:45 PM
Thanks Warren, much appreciated. Is your Commodore in NZ or Aus now? I'm sure if you start a thread on it in the general Discussion area you'll get several useful photos of it. It was a prominent car. I did wonder if it was sold after the WellingtonPukekohe events. It was an early retirement at Wellington also after another shunt.

I believe it raced for several years in endurance events and clocked up quite a lot of miles? Has had a really interesting history.

Are you restoring it to its '85 or '86 guise? With or without the Group A upgrades?