PDA

View Full Version : hi all

car mad
11-02-2011, 09:10 AM
After lurking around I have decided to join. I don't have any old historic race cars hidden in my garage but I am just an avid 60s through to the 80s tin top and formula 5000 fan. In fact my grandparents lived only 3 houses away from the one and only Henry Hammond in Centre Bush Southland I can see it like it was yesterday watching him test his car up and down the road as a wide eyed kid. I have been actively involved with motor sport at Teretonga as crash crew/recovery truck since the very early 80s, up until a year ago when I decided enough is enough. Once I have my wife's 67 mustang finished I'm allowed to buy my race car. I have hidden away some where some early oscar photos which I will dig out when I have time and share on this web site.
Adrian

Steve Holmes
11-02-2011, 09:20 AM
Adrian, welcome to the site. Good to see you have joined up after lurking! Would love to see your OSCA photos. So what is it you will be racing once the Mustang is finished?

car mad
11-04-2011, 09:13 AM
Hi Steve thanks for the welcome, my race car will be a imp, morrie 1000, a40 or such like in the style of pre65 but built in good old school style.