PDA

View Full Version : Young Blood

PaulieG
11-27-2011, 10:08 AM
Hi there, I'm PaulieG, I live in Napier and have a keen interest in all historic racing. I grew up around old cars, my father Roger having a few in his stable. Currently we have a 1967 XRGT Falcon in mint standard condition with the factory 289 V8. We have the ex Vic Simkin/Owen Cullen Buckler DD2 which no doubt you would have seen racing at some track in the last 16 years. For our current project we are undertaking, we are repairing and restoring the ex Tony Shaw/Graham Baker/Dave Mitchell/Bill McCabe Lotus 20 that was raced predominantly in the South Island. Tony Shaw imported the car to NZ through Hank Rossiter via John Sprinzel. Tony registered it as a "Lotus Car" in Oct 65 and has been continually licensed since then, making tracing the NZ history relatively easy. Tracing it back to Europe however has been a problem, with the only glimmer of hope being through Hank Rossiter who knows the car only had one owner from factory and has the name written somewhere. I have written to Hank with a SSAE in the hopes to hear back but to no avail. In addition to the history we are trying to trace and photos or memories of the car, as to help us determine the livery for the car to restore it to a particular period and would be thrilled if any of you could help. What we have so far is:
Tony Shaw- Mid Light Pastel Blue to Green with Yellow Nose Band
Graham Baker- Green with Yellow Band to Red with Yellow Stripe?
Dave Mitchell- Red with White stripe?
Bill McCabe- Purple with white stripe.
Again these are just word of mouth except McCabe's as we have his body that was crashed at Teretonga in 1970/1 and subsequently never raced again.46974696469546944693

Steve Holmes
11-28-2011, 01:12 AM
Hi there Paulie, welcome to the site. Its great to have you on board. The Lotus project looks fascinating, best of luck gathering the info you're after. Feel free to create a thread for this car in the General Discussion section of the forum. You'll get more people seeing it, so hopefully you'll have better luck finding the info you need.