PDA

View Full Version : Hi from me

Racefan
12-05-2011, 08:28 AM
Hi I,m not a racer but a long time fan of f5000,s and any type of V8 powered racecar.
I remember attending Puke in the 70,s the sight of those beasts made a huge impression on me (I was abut 10 at the time) . I have recently had occassion to have some work related dealings with Grahame Addis and he allowed me to take some photos of his Charger under going a rebuild . He was a great guy to talk to . He told me Craig Hyland had freshened up the engine . Craig apparently called when it was running to tell him it wouldn,t run below 3000rpm and that he should change the cam to make it more driveable Graham told him not to change a bloody thing thats how its supposed to be. He also reckoned his Charger wasn,t a south island car because it wasnt, held together with self tappers.

Steve Holmes
12-09-2011, 02:01 AM
Welcome to the site Racefan. Its great to have you here. How is the Addis Charger progressing? I wrote an article on this car several years ago for AMC and at the time I thought it was nearing completion.

Racefan
12-09-2011, 04:47 AM
Welcome to the site Racefan. Its great to have you here. How is the Addis Charger progressing? I wrote an article on this car several years ago for AMC and at the time I thought it was nearing completion.

I remember reading it well . I haven,t spoken to Graham in a while but he was real keen to race the Charger I will post Photos I have when i figure it out.I think it just needed assembly as most parts were painted and rebuilt as required .The engine had been freshed up and body work was complete He said it was the son of the guy who did the panel fabrication re did it this time around.