PDA

View Full Version : The Roaring Season UK Branch

Carlo
12-27-2011, 12:44 AM

The first meeting of the UK branch of the Roaring Season was held at the begining of December in an unknown facility somewhere in the Earls Court region of London with David McKinney in the Presidents chair.
The meeting got off to an auspicious start when D McK was unable to locate a pub with the brand of ale he preferred and this was quickly followed by finding one that did not serve food of sufficent standard for the locals to try eating it.

Eventually thirst was quenched and tables cleared of food as the evening degenerated into a typical get together of old motorsport friends as times and the people involved with them were discussed and where possible updated.

David is planning a trip back to NZ and I am sure that we will all make him welcome and enjoy having him back here as part of our NZ motorsport family

Steve Holmes
12-27-2011, 12:53 AM
I love it! And yes, David has his priorities right: The right brand of beer is most important, followed by good food. The motorsport bullshit will automatically flow once the first two key elements are in place!

Jac Mac
12-27-2011, 01:58 AM
I was going to suggest that it could hardly be called a meeting as there did not appear to be a quorum, but then I recognised the guy in the black jersey, said by some unkind people to be capable of forming a quorum himself...:)

Carlo
12-27-2011, 02:36 AM

Jac Mac, and in stainless too

Jac Mac
12-27-2011, 07:14 AM
Good to see the years have not changed you..:) wondered where our kettle had got too..

kiwi285
12-28-2011, 03:54 AM
For those not in the 'know' - who is sitting where in the photo !!!

Carlo
12-28-2011, 04:55 AM
David McKinney,our fountain of knowledge is the one with the beard, the other two lurk around Timaru

Rod Grimwood
12-28-2011, 09:28 PM
The other two do a fair bit of work towards the Silver Fern Rally and other motorsport events in their spare time. (when not travelling by the looks)

Best wish's for the New Year Mr & Mrs Rabbidge

David McKinney
12-29-2011, 02:15 PM
It was of course a research trip to study the RAC historic rally:)

driftwood
12-29-2011, 02:39 PM
Since when did the RAC hysterical rally go thru the town of Timaru ?
Is McKinney on holiday in uk or is he now classified as an exile?

David McKinney
12-29-2011, 02:43 PM
I'm on holiday - and have been since 1985 :)

driftwood
12-29-2011, 10:48 PM
Im rather concerned that a Kiwi wants to stay "on holiday" in pomland for so long its cold wet here and thats just the summer!
Do you owe Ken Smith some money- is that why you stay away so long from Puke?
Mind you there is a comrade over here to keep you company in Radisich and Thackwell if you can find him!
Dick Bennets is nearly a Pom and John Nicholson has gone back 'home" every year for Xmas longer and longer each year !

Russ Cunningham
01-03-2012, 05:58 AM

The first meeting of the UK branch of the Roaring Season was held at the begining of December in an unknown facility somewhere in the Earls Court region of London with David McKinney in the Presidents chair.
The meeting got off to an auspicious start when D McK was unable to locate a pub with the brand of ale he preferred and this was quickly followed by finding one that did not serve food of sufficent standard for the locals to try eating it.

Eventually thirst was quenched and tables cleared of food as the evening degenerated into a typical get together of old motorsport friends as times and the people involved with them were discussed and where possible updated.

David is planning a trip back to NZ and I am sure that we will all make him welcome and enjoy having him back here as part of our NZ motorsport family

That's the same bloody jersey you stole from that homeless guy in Northampton. Jeez, it's lasted well.

Getting past NZ immigration might be a bit of a problem or did you get off that rape charge?

Russ Cunningham
01-03-2012, 06:55 AM
I love it! And yes, David has his priorities right: The right brand of beer is most important, followed by good food. The motorsport bullshit will automatically flow once the first two key elements are in place!

Since when did McKinney concern himself about the "right" brand of beer. Lighter fluid and aftershave were once his favourite tipple!

Milan Fistonic
01-03-2012, 08:35 AM
Hasn't Mr McK aged well over the last 25 years.

Russ Cunningham
01-03-2012, 09:12 AM
I remember this photo. DGM was advertising for a nice Russian girl & shaved especially for the photo.