PDA

View Full Version : North Island Big Bangers and A Link Page?

Peter Nelson
01-12-2012, 08:28 PM
Hi Folks

Can I just ask a couple of questions, re old NZ big bangers again ( sorry for the lack of photos, my scanner died ). I have been reading and looking at all the great photos/videos. Is it possible we could get a page up with all the cars listed and linked with history etc and a "where are they now". There is so much history and knowledge in all the photos, links and postings, it would be really great to have a listing page for the cars, especially the where are they now bit. I would be happy to help but my knowledge is limited.

Second question is where to see the cars running in the North Island, as I am a bit confused by the classes, as we have OSCA in the South Island, Historic Sports Sedans in Aus?, but what do they run under in the north Island? I am thinking of cars like the PDL Mustang, Algie Affetta etc when I ask this. Are they running at Hampton downs with the classic meetings or will they be with the new V8 Tourer meetings?

I hope someone can answer the above, it is appreciated.

Peter

rogered
01-12-2012, 08:46 PM
www.youtube.com/watch?v=z31NiRMqFG8

Steve Holmes
01-13-2012, 04:46 AM
I think this is a good idea. I'd like to see individual threads created for Australian Sports Sedans, NZ North Island Sports Sedans, and NZ South Island OSCA, where the histories of these cars can be documented.

seaqnmac27
01-13-2012, 07:13 AM
Steve I don't know where to put this but. I was looking through a book my father gave me for christmas a few years ago and it got me thinking. It is 'The Drivers' by Tim Nevinson, and considering the drivers who were overlooked for this publication, is there not a market for a similar book on the Saloon car Drivers AND there cars. It just strikes me that the builders are often overlooked and therefore, given the age of some of these cars and drivers, and the issues that we are seeing in terms of the Lost race cars thread, the forgotten, or wrecked or just torn apart for parts, surely its a good time before it all gets lost to the mists of time.

Regards

Sean

kiwi285
01-13-2012, 07:38 AM
Sean, I have that book and have read it too. There are some big gaps in it that left me wanting the next installment - mainly the saloon car drivers.

seaqnmac27
01-13-2012, 09:01 AM
MMMM I felt it needed to be a much bigger book