PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Allen Brown

Allen Brown
01-18-2012, 08:29 PM
Hello all. I seem to know quite a few of you already.

I've been researching the histories of old racing cars since I was a nipper - 1978 to be precise. About twelve years ago I founded OldRacingCars.com which continues to flourish with the help of a great band of like-minded enthusiasts.

I will chip in where I can with the odd answer and probably more often with an odd question.

By the way, anyone been banned yet?

Allen

AMCO72
01-19-2012, 12:07 AM
Like who? And for what reason? Our man Steve keeps a pretty tight reign on us, and as soon as someone starts to step out of line.....whamo......'on yer bike sonny'..... Some of the UK Mini forums get out of hand occasionally, which makes for interesting reading.

Powder
01-19-2012, 09:24 AM
Hello all. I seem to know quite a few of you already.

I've been researching the histories of old racing cars since I was a nipper - 1978 to be precise. About twelve years ago I founded OldRacingCars.com which continues to flourish with the help of a great band of like-minded enthusiasts.

I will chip in where I can with the odd answer and probably more often with an odd question.

By the way, anyone been banned yet?

Allen

Hi Allen,
I'm a minor player around here, so I hope I'm not stepping on anyone's toes by welcoming you here.
I thought I'd take the opportunity to thank you for the OldRacingCars.com website. You've put a huge amount of effort into it and it is appreciated.

As for anyone being banned. I know there's been some discussion on this topic on another forum but so far the list of rules here is pretty short (check the 'Forum Guidelines' post) although I've read a few posts lately that have been testing the boundaries. Hopefully if everyone can keep things friendly, it makes Steve's job easier, and The Roaring Season will be around for a long time to come.

Malcolm.

driftwood
01-20-2012, 02:33 PM
Big wooden spoon heading Allens way:rolleyes:
can someone provide a nice one made from kiwi pine from the mountains up by Rotorua
ideally crafted by the local Maori chief for the winjun pom

Howard Wood
01-24-2012, 04:19 AM
Welcome aboard Allen. You already know there were a lot of Kiwis involved in European racing during the Kiwi Mafia '60s and '70s, especially as ace spanner for hire with loads of knowledge but the local scene guys who post here know their stuff too.

For a long time NZ was where old racing cars came to die but were turned into Morraris etc instead. Mostly returned to their original form but now days there are some amazing saloons being exercised here and of course a pretty good line up of F5000s.

I hope the info Chris got regarding March 742-U1 was of some help.

Steve Holmes
01-24-2012, 09:35 PM
Allen, its really great to see you here. Welcome to The Roaring Season. You'll be a great addition to the site.

driftwood
02-08-2012, 09:52 PM
yes Howard the info you gave Chris on 742 u1 helped my customer out and clarify many other march cars histories along the way
the car was actually U2
the same customer actually has U1 !

Howard Wood
02-08-2012, 10:56 PM
Val Musetti obviously had a well used number punch. The history Chris managed to flesh out was fascinating. Perhaps you guys might like to share some of the detail on the Formula Pacific thread?