PDA

View Full Version : The Roaring Season Introduction Posting

Kiwiboss
04-22-2011, 05:33 AM
First i'd like to thank Steve Holmes for starting the Roaring Season forum, long may it last and have many members.

Im 51 years and have lived in Tauranga, New Zealand most of my short life!!! Grew up at the old Baypark Raceway and can remember the Saloon Races from the 70s, oh the good times!!! spend quite a bit of time up in California every year at Laguna Sega, Sears Point and Thunderhill. Race a dirty ol Boss Mustang in Classic and Historic Racing here in NZ

Dale Mathers(NZL)

racee3
04-25-2011, 08:01 PM
Hi all, yes, agreed Dale, Steve's the right kind of guy to be involved in this & long may it continue, just got to make sure I find the time to visit the site regularly, cheers, Mike Anderson.

kiwi285
04-25-2011, 11:05 PM
I also agree, Steve has a wealth of knowledge about racing in our favourite time period. First attended a race meeting at Ardmore for the second NZIGP and have been attending ever since. There were some really great times back then and I am jubilent that so many of the cars still exist and the the current owners are prepared to spend the necessary money on them and get them out on track again so that we can all enjoy them.

Come on everyone join in and lets make this a must visit wensite each day.

Cheers Mike Feisst

Munty
04-26-2011, 12:52 AM
Hi all, Im Evan son of Ian Munt who raced for a long time here in OSCA and in Australia in Sport Sedans. I am currently organising the
40th anniversary of OSCA and hopefully one day will get back in the seat. Cheers

David McKinney
04-26-2011, 08:51 AM
Am I the first expat member?
Great to see this site, and I hope it prospers
Also good to see I may not be the oldest member (my first Ardmore visit wasn't till 1956)
Some older members might remember my name from when I ran MotorAction and later NZ Motoring News from Wellington 1979-84, and attended all the races and rallies (as I had from 1959)
Maintain contact with several old NZ racing people, and keep up with historic racing here in the UK

Steve Holmes
04-26-2011, 09:07 AM
Fantastic to see you guys all posting Introductions, keep 'em coming. Could I just ask you to post them here though please folks: http://www.theroaringseason.com/forumdisplay.php?12-New-Members-Please-Introduce-Yourself-Here Click on the tab "Post A New Thread", and that way you can each have your own dedicated Intro threads, and then others can reply to them. And yes David, you're the first ex-pat Kiwi! Well, at least the first one to post an intro.

Greg Ghost
12-06-2011, 06:48 AM
Hi to I am an Aussie born at Bathurst grew up next door to Barry Gurdons garage where all the racers of the 40s and 50s would tend to their cars Easter meetings and October for the Bathurst 100 open wheeler events involved in road Racing Speedway at the old Sydney Showground and drag racing went to NZ with John Dymand in 1973 with his Capri and Steve Dymands ex Ron Dickson EH sports sedan involved with Dave and Graham Baker during my time there returned to OZ Gold Coast in 1978

Steve Holmes
12-09-2011, 01:58 AM
Hi there Greg, welcome to the site! Its great to have you here. You'll no doubt enjoy the old Bruce Wells Bathurst photos I've been posting up. Thanks for your info on the Dymand Capri.