PDA

View Full Version : Hi! You guys have an amazing site!

RSZWEI
02-13-2012, 02:45 AM
Hi Guys, thought I better introduce myself. My name in Nik and I was named after Niki Lauda. I never stood a chance with a Father like mine being nuts on Motor racing. One of my first memories of life was sitting on the couch watching Peter Brock win the 1984 Bathurst 1000.
I raced Karts in my younger years and once I left school in the late 1990's I got into track days in my 1980 Golf GTI Mk1 a car which I still own and have been setting up to race as a classic car, along with my Father Peter ( black Golf GTI Mk1).

My main interestest in Motorsport would be Touring car racing, Group A, from all around the world but also NZ. It seems that a lot of NZ Touring Car racing (1970's and 1980's) isnt well documented on the web, but this site has uncovered a heap of great information and photos. I look forward to reading and learning.

A big thanks to those that share their stories, photos and information.

Steve Holmes
02-13-2012, 09:13 AM
Hi there Nik, welcome to The Roaring Season! Great to have you here. And yeah, sounds like your interests in life were already planned out by your folks before you were born! Which country do you live in?

RSZWEI
02-13-2012, 07:58 PM
Thanks Steve, I live in Napier, New Zealand.