PDA

View Full Version : sunalp2

sunalp2
03-15-2012, 06:10 AM
As my name suggests, I own a 1962 Sunbeam Alpine Series II. I also drive a 1954 Morris Minor Panel van every day for work.

I've always been mad on cars. I used to enjoy scratch building and racing 1/32 slot cars, but as my eye sight faded I turned to online racing.

For a number of years I played Grand Prix Legends (Papyrus) on my own, but after getting a fast internet connection, I turned to GT Legends (SimBin) and that's where my obsession really began.

I soon discovered that I could add cars to the game, painting them in Photoshop, and set about creating many historic Aussie liveries. I enjoyed the research but with many photos of the era being in Black and White, it was difficult at times. I also modified the 3D models to add cars to the game. My favourite being the Falcon Rallye Sprint. I then started modifying tracks to suit the cars: my first release being a conversion of Amaroo 1967 from GP Legends.

I attend all the Victorian Historic race meetings, with the Philip Island Classic being my favourite.

The highlight of my classic car ownership will come this weekend, when I will be part of the F1 Drivers parade at Albert Park with my Alpine.

Steve Holmes
03-15-2012, 08:15 PM
Welcome to The Roaring Season, sunalp. Its really great to have you here. Yeah I remember GP Legends, that was a phenomenal game, and far in advance of anything similar on the market at the time. Even now its still popular with gamers. Love your Alpine, hope you'll post a few pics from this weekend!

sunalp2
03-15-2012, 10:15 PM
Thanks for the welcome Steve. I have a friend that is a marshal at the AGP. Hopefully I'll get some good pics to post. :)

bry3500
03-17-2012, 11:41 PM
Nice to see you here sunalp, I have been sunburnt all week from our drive to Phillip Island in your Alpine. Hope she doesn't break down on that parade lap ;)

Rod Grimwood
03-21-2012, 11:36 PM
Welcome Sunalp, so you delivered the man to Phillip Island, maybe the Morri would have been kinder on his hair (love it, the lucky bugger). pity we did not meet, but there will be another time.
photos of the Alpine be good. (think Bry knows how to take them)

Cheers