PDA

View Full Version : Group U mini sports sedans

Adam68
03-18-2012, 06:16 AM
Hi All,
I live in Brisbane and my father and I are currently with the assistance of Ken Nelson Mini Automotive rebuilding my fathers mini sports sedans from the 70s and 80s. The first car is completed and was his original race car and the second is a car that he bought from Dean Gall in the early 80s which we will start on over the next few months as of course both of us need cars. We plan on running group U and hope that we can encourage others to get a field of group U minis together over the coming years.

I have a 540 cube 68 Camaro and am also about half way through building a replica cooper s road car.

3 girls 9 months,6 and 9 and a very understanding beautiful wife

Regards
Adam

Steve Holmes
03-19-2012, 04:38 AM
Adam, welcome to The Roaring Season, great to have you on board. You're one of a growing number of Mini enthusiasts on here. Hope you'll share some pics and info on your fathers cars? A 540ci big block Camaro is quite different to a Mini! You have a broad taste in cars.

Adam68
03-19-2012, 01:38 PM
Thanks Steve
Camaro and mini one with 538rwhp and the other with who knows what but both are a buz. I had my first run in the mini in the super sprints at Warwick a few weeks ago and I have to say the power is very different to the Camaro but the Mini is very fast and a long way from sorted. The driver needs to learn to drive as well...

Steve Holmes
03-19-2012, 11:04 PM
Adam, have you seen this thread: http://www.theroaringseason.com/showthread.php?300-Historic-Sports-Sedans-Australia-(Group-U)