PDA

View Full Version : Any idea who this biker is?

faminz
03-19-2012, 09:22 AM
I found this photo in an old album of mine...
I took it years ago.. so long ago in fact Im not sure who it is.
I THINK I know but Im not sure.. so its a good conundrum for you guys... even if it is a biker!

GD66
03-19-2012, 09:34 AM
It's Robert Holden on the Steve Roberts-built "Plastic Fantastic" Suzuki. Looks like the corner leading onto the bridge at the Wanganui Cemetery circuit... or maybe turn one at Gracefield in its' final years.

faminz
03-19-2012, 09:46 AM
wow! that was fast! And yes thats who I thought Id taken a pic of. so thanks for the confirmation. and it IS at Gracefield!
Might have to be my next drawing I think!! He deserves remembering!

GD66
03-19-2012, 12:09 PM
Get to it, son ! He is well-remembered for his efforts at home and overseas : somewhat uncharacteristically, he was in the Isle of Man, set a good practice lap time, and said, "Well, I can do better than that !" and set off, never to return...for a bloke so seasoned, a most sad and disappointing end to an extremely honourable international career.
One of Wellington's finest.

stirlingmac
03-19-2012, 06:59 PM
Are you guys sure it's Gracefield ? I work on Gracefeild Rd and don't recognise the corner or the houses/buildings.

GD66
03-20-2012, 10:08 AM
Well, it is 30 years old, Stirls.
I picked it as the turn at the end of the front straight, but on looking again it may be the end of the back straight. The only tight left-hander at Wanganui onto the bridge doesn't have that kind of backdrop, more of a bank and a cemetery...

bob homewood
03-20-2012, 10:15 AM
Well, it is 30 years old, Stirls.
I picked it as the turn at the end of the front straight, but on looking again it may be the end of the back straight. The only tight left-hander at Wanganui onto the bridge doesn't have that kind of backdrop, more of a bank and a cemetery...

I don't want to rock any boats ,but I say its Gracefield as well

Murray Maunder
03-20-2012, 10:33 AM
I'm betting it's the end of the back straight at Gracefield before the esses over the railway line. As you said GD, can't be Wanganui with that backdrop.

faminz
03-21-2012, 07:17 AM
Im sure its Gracefield, I took the photo!

stirlingmac
03-21-2012, 06:36 PM
OK I will have a closer look ,,but it really doesn't look familiar and I have worked in various businesses on the circuit for 25 yrs, in Hutt Park Rd where I had a workshop and now around the corner in Gracefield Rd. No biggie I love a good puzzle..