PDA

View Full Version : Gerard Richards quick intro piece

Gerard Richards
05-02-2011, 10:26 AM
I am what you call a retro, Kiwi motor sport historian, a collector of memorabilia from over the years and more recently a writer of automotive articles, mainly with NZ Classic Car magazine. The first meeting I saw at Pukekohe in April 1967, featured a half hour feature which Robbie Francevic won in the legendary Custaxie and nothing was ever quite the same again! I have fairly diverse interests as well which include photographing derelict autos, disappearing early automotive landscape and decaying historic buildings. From a historic motor racing perspective probably the most rewarding experiences I have had would have been interviewing such legendary characters such as Johnny Riley (twice), Jack Nazer, Robbie Francevic, Dennis Marwood, Spinner Black, Garry Pedersen and others in the process of writing profiles on their racing careers. I also work in public libraries and am constantly searching out fascinating archival material both cult fiction, especially from the "Beat Generation" of the 50's and 60's as well as automotive and the great rock music from the 1960s...