PDA

View Full Version : Tony C

Tony C
08-09-2012, 07:55 AM
I first drove on a circuit in 1956, driving a Riley 9 at Mt Druitt in NSW.
I competed in sprints and hill climbs with a MG TD with a 1500cc motor. I rallied (they were called trials then) In an Austin A40, the TD, a Fiat 100 and an SS1.
I moved to England in 1958 and worked for Lotus assembling the first 15 Lotus Elites, started Lotus' first service dept and them moved to Team Lotus.
I returned to Australia and built a Holden engined Clubman The Alton AR1 and a rear engined Holden powered single seater the AR2.
After a spell earning a living, I reconstructed the prototype Lotus F2 (Sabakat) and since have raced some historic cars: Lotus 6, Lotus 12, Lotus 18, Triumph Spitfire, Anderson Holden, Mildren Cooper, Elva Courier, Amilcar special, Gemini FJ.
I served on the Historic Commission from the late '70s, was an Eligibility Officer and Chairman of the Historic Eligibility Commitee until recently. I am currently a member of the Australian Institute for Motor Sport Safety. I have a Lancia Flaminia, a Lancia Fulvia Zagato and am restoring the Aston Martin DB2 that ran in the 1955 24 Hour race at Mt Druitt.

Steve Holmes
08-10-2012, 07:11 PM
Hi there Tony, welcome to The Roaring Season. Wow, I am really impressed with your list of motorsport involvements and achievements. Will be looking forward to you sharing your knowledge with everyone here. Have you kept many photos from over the years?