PDA

View Full Version : Andy Clegg

Andy
05-18-2011, 03:18 PM
Hi my name's Andy Clegg. I live in Banbury,Oxfordshire in the UK. I moved down to Oxfordshire in 1983.
My local race circuit was Oulton Park in Cheshire. Unfortunately, there weren't many if any international race meetings at Oulton so I decided to move to Oxfordshire. I was single and an Uncle was running a pub in Woodstock just outside Oxford.
I was mainly interested in Long Distance Sports car racing, having watched at Le Mans eight times.
I watched every round of the 1990 BTCC (Sierra Cosworths). In 2001 I managed to get Press passes for Historic Sports Car Club Meetings, so attended local circuits with those.
I was the Photographer for Shenington kart Racing Club for six years.
I've not been to a Race Meeting since 2007, through illness. Hopefully, I'll be going to the Supersaloon revival meeting at mallory Park at the end of August.

Steve Holmes
05-18-2011, 08:51 PM
Great to have you here Andy, cool intro. Maybe you could post details of the Super Saloon revival on our events page? http://www.theroaringseason.com/forumdisplay.php?8-Racing-Events-Info Any clues on what cars will be there?

Andy
05-19-2011, 06:46 AM
From memory, Baby Bertha, the Daf, and the ex Mick Hill 5.0 Beetle.